News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.8K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Streetcar Tracks on Adelaide

This just in! Metrolinx has been unable to install the curves at Queen as their contracted bending unit has had unexpected activities with the assigned project manager. Live look below:
bg1.gif

The streetcar tracks and intersections looks so much better without all the over head wires and cables. Can we just leave it like this?
That would certainly be 'on brand' for a lot of governmental projects - build something that does not actually do what it's supposed to do. (In this case, allow streetcars to operate.)

Not surprised they have Richmond close off this weekend so they can put the track across it which is the way to go than was talked about doing. Doing the splicing first.

Unless track is level as I type, it may not be open at 5 am Monday as it need a two pour unless it will be a one pour before the can mill the road to allow paving after concrete is poured.

It been a mess since work started on this project and you are correct about abandon the car as it is only going to get worse down the road. It will be common to have gridlock 7/24 that normally happens at peak time or for an event.

Been on my do list for this week to see and have yet to make it.

Not surprised they have Richmond close off this weekend so they can put the track across it which is the way to go than was talked about doing. Doing the splicing first.

Unless track is level as I type, it may not be open at 5 am Monday as it need a two pour unless it will be a one pour before the can mill the road to allow paving after concrete is poured.

It been a mess since work started on this project and you are correct about abandon the car as it is only going to get worse down the road. It will be common to have gridlock 7/24 that normally happens at peak time or for an event.

Been on my do list for this week to see and have yet to make it.
The closure ends TUESDAY morning.

1718542735457.png

Waiting for the paving equipment as it looks they just finished pouring concrete for the road.

Once open, Queen East will be close to start work for the switch and finish the rest of the southbound track that is in place north of Richmond.

It seems unfortunate that the TTC did not install a west to south curve from Richmond to York during this work - for diversions or short turns. The addition of southbound track on the short block of York from Adelaide to King would also give flexibility and I suppose this MIGHT be added when the track on King is rebuilt in 2026(?)

It seems unfortunate that the TTC did not install a west to south curve from Richmond to York during this work - for diversions or short turns. The addition of southbound track on the short block of York from Adelaide to King would also give flexibility and I suppose this MIGHT be added when the track on King is rebuilt in 2026(?)
Don't be surprise that once Queen is back in service that the southbound track and 2 way traffic will disappear like it did in 2013.

I agree with those switches and taking the southbound tracks to King would improve TTC ability to to short turn or reroute due to an issue between York and Church on King St.

Will TTC have this detour route open by the time when King is Close at Spadina for the TIFF? It will take the pressure off Queen to have the 504 use Adelaide St for eastbound and could use Wellington to York to reduce some pressure on Richmond, but will still have it on Queen from York to Spadina though.

Now, did the the Richmond intersection open at 6am as plan?

Back