IMG_2814.jpeg
IMG_2815.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg

Bloor Side:

IMG_2817.jpeg
IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2819.jpeg
IMG_2820.jpeg

Will there be any netting/mesh enclosing the corners on the mechanical levels to prevent birds from nesting? I could see pigeons moving in

Will there be any netting/mesh enclosing the corners on the mechanical levels to prevent birds from nesting? I could see pigeons moving in
No pigeons if this guy gets there first.

tumblr_oawo3v4OhT1s02vreo2_400.gif

Link

Are you talkin' to me?

Photos taken yesterday, Friday (May 17). My timing was bad as it was raining heavily as I visited the Bloor and Yonge vicinity around 2:30 in the afternoon. But a lot of movement since my post last Friday in particular with the skin emerging from behind the steadily rising Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs). We can now see the full hanger section above the first mechanical floors on the.south (partly) and east sides. The east RCS has jumped to level 26, the north level 25, while the west RCS is at level 24, where it was last week. At the top, work continues on the 3rd mechanical level at 57/58, with some of the super column blue scaffolding at top rising, as well as the corner blue scaffolding now almost at the top of that hanger section, level 50 or so. Still haven't seen the attachments for the next set of hangers emerge as the mech levels have been taking longer to complete, but that milestone should be soon, once they move to level 59 at the top. But there is one milestone the tower seems to have recently surpassed - hitting 200 metres, as the top of level 58 is 203 metres.

Starting with my usual Flickr "time-lapse" album update, views from the south as the distinctive diagonal cladding becomes more visible, the south "mini RCS" having risen to level 24, I think, and some shots of all the glass and cladding installed on the south face, with glass now on 25 and 26. Views of the east side from below on Yonge near the SE corner. Then a shot from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor showing the rising RCSs and skin revealed above the 1st mechanical level, the view from Cumberland east of Bay, then a set of shots showing the emerging tower from the NE side of Bloor and Yonge.

UTIMG_6607.jpg
UTIMG_6369.jpg
UTIMG_6387.jpg
UTIMG_6438.jpg
UTIMG_6448.jpg
UTIMG_6488.jpg
UTIMG_6515.jpg
UTIMG_6694.jpg
UTIMG_6631.jpg
UTIMG_6660.jpg
UTIMG_6565.jpg
UTIMG_6543.jpg