Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

The beginning stages of wood finishes on concrete benches. It was pretty obvious they weren't going to leave them as just rough concrete. (Despite one of the earlier cynical comments) Looking forward to seeing the end results.
1000078150.jpg

The beginning stages of wood finishes on concrete benches. It was pretty obvious they weren't going to leave them as just rough concrete. (Despite one of the earlier cynical comments) Looking forward to seeing the end results.
View attachment 537863
I can't speak for others, but I did joke about this, but it was mostly a joke about how objectively terrible the finish on the paving stones is (you can see it in this photo!) that it wouldn't have been surprising.

Reactions: DSC
Lighting under the benches making this courtyard pretty inviting after dark. Love this detail. 🥰
View attachment 539822View attachment 539823

I don't see it as inviting. The idea of uplighting can be great, this is not a great example of it.

It reads more like the lighting along an AMC (or former AMC) cinema aisle. Which is to say, overly bright, conspicuous and distracting. It also mixes terribly w/the overbearing lighting from above.

May I add, that tiling job is appalling, and looks like a legal liability to me. The condo corp should refuse to accept it, until the developer re-does it properly.

That's right out of the June Callwood Park, that's how bad that is.

Last edited:
I don't see it as inviting. The idea of uplighting can be great, this is not a great example of it.

It reads more like the lighting along an AMC (or former AMC) cinema aisle. Which is to say, overly bright, conspicuous and distracting. It also mixes terribly w/the overbearing lighting from above.

May I add, that tiling job is appalling, and looks like a legal liability to me. The condo corp should refuse to accept it, until the developer re-does it properly.

That's right out of June Callwood Park, that's how bad that is.
Least JC Park is covered with pink mystery meat to make it half more interesting...

According to AIC, Time and Space has 733 residential parking spaces and 92 for residential visitors. Though they are not supposed to have any commercial parking they are renting daily parking for $15. Several signs posted around the area and at the garage.

A rogue employee or Pemberton?

According to AIC, Time and Space has 733 residential parking spaces and 92 for residential visitors. Though they are not supposed to have any commercial parking they are renting daily parking for $15. Several signs posted around the area and at the garage.

A rogue employee or Pemberton?
Visitor parking is typically permitted to operate as a commercial garage.

The developer has made revisions to the condominium declaration and the SPA documents, which were subsequently approved by the Planning at the city. Initially, visitor parking was to be provided at no cost, but this arrangement was modified to a paid parking system.

The developer has made revisions to the condominium declaration and the SPA documents, which were subsequently approved by the Planning at the city. Initially, visitor parking was to be provided at no cost, but this arrangement was modified to a paid parking system.
According to the Councillor's Office, the commercial parking they are running is illegal. "Just an update re: the illegal parking lot: Staff are aware and there is an ongoing investigation."

According to the Councillor's Office, the commercial parking they are running is illegal. "Just an update re: the illegal parking lot: Staff are aware and there is an ongoing investigation."
I’m assuming the issue is really public vs private/visitor (paid or free) building allocation?

I’m assuming the issue is really public vs private/visitor (paid or free) building allocation?
That is my assumption. The parking approved for this development was for residents and their guests & visitors and, as far as I remember, having it meant they had to have above-ground parking because Pemberton were too 'mean' to dig deeper into the contaminated soil and thus had to install an impermeable barrier between it and the lowest layer of the building and there is only one (maybe 2?) floors of parking below grade.

Here is the Data Sheet:

1710176357732.png

Back