Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

So much sloppiness with this whole project - just look at the ceiling tiles.
... and the way finding. The signage is obscured by the hanging roof. Look at the wall, was it too much to ask that they keep the height of the marble the same distance from the floor throughout? Agreed on the mismatched lighting temperature and also simply poor lighting placement creating dark spots.

For those who don't know what "lighting temperature" is...

LED-Kelvin-Color-Temperature-Landing-Page_06.jpg

Color-Temperature-Chart_revised-July-2020-1170.jpg

From link.
Daylight should say Best for NOTHING. Best for giving me migraines maybe.

Daylight should say Best for NOTHING. Best for giving me migraines maybe.
Daylight should be INSIDE the CLOSET. Since it matches the colour of daylight, you'll be able to tell the difference between black and navy blue clothing for example. You will have difficulty finding matching black or navy blue socks in the warm white lighting of bedrooms.

Daylight should be INSIDE the CLOSET. Since it matches the colour of daylight, you'll be able to tell the difference between black and navy blue clothing for example. You will have difficulty finding matching black or navy blue socks in the warm white lighting of bedrooms.
I only use it in the basement and outside. Mostly to get rid of the couple of mistakes I've bought over the years (Doh!)

I'm not bothered by it in public places like stations - but good grief - set a standard and stick to it!

According to workers on-site today, the Bay concourse (or part of it) will open "on Tuesday".

This is a shot of it from the TTC link area

bay2.JPG

This is a shot of the new ramp to the Bay concourse (maybe leading to the escalators in pic above?) , from the passageway at the south end of the VIA Concourse, turn right and there's the ramp to the York Concourse, turn left and it's the Bay one.

Bay1.JPG

According to workers on-site today, the Bay concourse (or part of it) will open "on Tuesday".

This is a shot of it from the TTC link area

View attachment 336988

This is a shot of the new ramp to the Bay concourse (maybe leading to the escalators in pic above?) , from the passageway at the south end of the VIA Concourse, turn right and there's the ramp to the York Concourse, turn left and it's the Bay one.

View attachment 336987

Something tells me it will just be a link from the subway to the station/Maple Leaf Square.

I cannot see them fully opening it to train service without more notice. This strikes me more as a leather shop by-pass situation.

Something tells me it will just be a link from the subway to the station/Maple Leaf Square.

I cannot see them fully opening it to train service without more notice. This strikes me more as a leather shop by-pass situation.
I guess we will see but the area has lots of GO signs, Presto readers etc etc so it is more than just a walkway.

Back