Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

PXL_20210513_195105028.jpg
PXL_20210513_195411319.jpg
PXL_20210513_195050017.jpg

Last edited:
They put the first of the cladding and glass up today on the inner courtyard of the southwest tower. Didn't get a picture of it, will take one tomorrow if nobody else gets one first.

I poked my head through the fence there today, too. Really impossible to project from this tiny sample, but it really does look pretty dark. Especially for a courtyard surrounded by 17+ stories on three sides (one of which will be a faceless wall), which will see only a few hours of sun a day.

I poked my head through the fence there today, too. Really impossible to project from this tiny sample, but it really does look pretty dark. Especially for a courtyard surrounded by 17+ stories on three sides (one of which will be a faceless wall), which will see only a few hours of sun a day.
Yes, we looked into the POPS courtyard too and it was already quite dark and dreary. It can only get worse as the east and west buildings are not yet at height and as the north towers go up it will REALLY be dark. I doubt it will become a popular sitting spot. This really is a huge FAIL!

It will probably get about 2-3 hours of sun at mid-day. But with 18 story towers on the east and west, and a 17 story podium blocking in the north, that's the only time it will have any light.

Reactions: DSC
It will probably get about 2-3 hours of sun at mid-day. But with 18 story towers on the east and west, and a 17 story podium blocking in the north, that's the only time it will have any light.
2-3 hour of full sun and then another few hours of partial as you will get some from AM to PM

There's going to be five minutes of full sun. Everything else is partial sun because those towers on either side are 18 stories. Even in the height of summer, one of them will be shading the courtyard other than a few minutes when the sun is directly south. Which could be fine in July and August, but is not great in any of the other months.

Edit to add: That doesn't render the courtyard unusable. The courtyard of the building across Princess has a playground that we often use, and it never has sun. But it certainly makes it less hospitable than it could be.

Back