News   Apr 26, 2024
 583     2 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 221     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 703     0 

Infographics - Future Toronto Skyline

I was hoping you would update Y+E with the Canada Square proposal :)

2444 Yonge really stands out on its own from that skyline angle, it looks rather hulking and disconnected from the rest of the skyline, give me some pause on the merits of that proposal (which is one of the few on Yonge Street that I actually like). Broadway Avenue looks so densely packed in contrast!

There is a few proposals along Soudan that are missing, along with 305 Roehampton as an FYI.

I was hoping you would update Y+E with the Canada Square proposal :)

2444 Yonge really stands out on its own from that skyline angle, it looks rather hulking and disconnected from the rest of the skyline, give me some pause on the merits of that proposal (which is one of the few on Yonge Street that I actually like). Broadway Avenue looks so densely packed in contrast!

There is a few proposals along Soudan that are missing, along with 305 Roehampton as an FYI.

Yeah it took me a while to get to it (Canada Square). I’ve been a little busier as of late, so it’s been difficult to keep the models up to date. Hopefully I’ll get everything at some point in a future update 🙂

Height map of Midtown / Yonge and Eglinton:

50860117196_ecde2c7fab_k.jpg

Congrats steve... no-one has done a better job of navigating and imaging "what's where" in this astonishing T-Dot boom... first for local scraper geeks and now for potential buyers (guess we kinda need them too ;-). If it hasn't happened already, hope you land some out-of-town and international clients (are you listening nyc?). You've earned it.

Such astonishing work there steveve. If you don't mind my asking, how long did all of this take you to build and what was the motivation for this?

Such astonishing work there steveve. If you don't mind my asking, how long did all of this take you to build and what was the motivation for this?

Thanks! I began building the model in 2017, at the time its initial purpose was to serve as a backdrop so that I could design some of my own projects and place them with a future context in mind. I later realized that there were more applications for my work, such as the infographics and skyline projections you see posted here, and it was something worth sharing outside of my own portfolio. I would estimate 70% of the model was completed between September - December of 2017.
The COVID lockdowns last year gave me some extra time to revisit the model, expand and update it with more detail. The story in a nutshell 🙂

Back