News   Apr 25, 2024
 342     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

It's the perfect time for the Ford government to be making huge cuts to Toronto's public health...

Chief Health Officer says 3 people in Canada have been investigated for potential novel coronavirus but all have been rules out.

The Chief Medical officer says that additional signage will be in place in coming days at Toronto , Montreal and Vancouver and it will ask if they have travelled to areas where coronavirus is and if they have flu like symptoms.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-human-to-human-1.5433187

Last edited:
John Michael McGrath

@jm_mcgrath

INBOX: Ontario PC party announces it has candidates for byelections in the ridings of Orleans (Natalie Montgomery) and Ottawa-Vanier (Patrick Mayangi.) Byelxn for Vanier needs to be called by Feb 2, so we'll likely learn when the byelections are very soon now.

The latter riding is ultra safe Liberal this time.

Sounds legit... maybe Randy Ford can inspect elevators as a side hustle.

The Ford government is proposing changes that would allow developers to hire their own building inspectors.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...-hire-their-own-building-inspectors-1.5434037

Professional engineers should view this as an insult.
It would interesting to know what inspection elements aren't considered "public safety by the proponents. If you take away things like plumbing, structural, fire safety, etc. you're not left with much. Maybe developers can cut their expenses in half by designing stairs with 20" high steps, or go back to low-efficiency furnaces.

Three bloody words: Conflict of Interest

737 Max8 certification.

It's one thing to have an industry-funded-but-independent regulator, such as the TSSA, ESO or even TICO, but I don't support industry self-regulation, actual or de facto, particularly when it involves safety.

Professional engineers should view this as an insult.
It would interesting to know what inspection elements aren't considered "public safety by the proponents. If you take away things like plumbing, structural, fire safety, etc. you're not left with much. Maybe developers can cut their expenses in half by designing stairs with 20" high steps, or go back to low-efficiency furnaces.

737 Max8 certification.

It's one thing to have an industry-funded-but-independent regulator, such as the TSSA, ESO or even TICO, but I don't support industry self-regulation, actual or de facto, particularly when it involves safety.

Isn't this exactly what happened to BOEING? Regulation should be and stay independent. Remember Doug has BIG builder friends and I am sure they wish to save BIG money by cutting corners and self inspect their buildings and declare them perfectly safe and up to (sub) standard.

Just what could go wrong there? :rolleyes:

AoD

I don't even want to know considering what already goes wrong under current conditions. This is just too much...if this goes through, I highly recommend no one buy anything new unless it's from a very reputable custom home builder. If this self-inspection scheme goes through then it's going to be hilarious....for me anyway...not so much for anyone buying anything built by the self-inspection crowd.

Lol, Boeing.....oh man...some people's kids.

I can't deal with this. I work in construction and the shit that already goes on (just recently worked on a project that had the previous builder forge an engineer's signature on drawings to get approved a retaining wall abutting a neighbour's below-grade driveway/entrance, for example) is enough...this would just be a complete nightmare. I already know of some usual suspects who are licking major arse right now to push this through.

ffs, I kinda want to cry.

I don't even want to know considering what already goes wrong under current conditions. This is just too much...if this goes through, I highly recommend no one buy anything new unless it's from a very reputable custom home builder. If this self-inspection scheme goes through then it's going to be hilarious....for me anyway...not so much for anyone buying anything built by the self-inspection crowd.

Lol, Boeing.....oh man...some people's kids.

I can't deal with this. I work in construction and the shit that already goes on (just recently worked on a project that had the previous builder forge an engineer's signature on drawings to get approved a retaining wall abutting a neighbour's below-grade driveway/entrance, for example) is enough...this would just be a complete nightmare. I already know of some usual suspects who are licking major arse right now to push this through.

ffs, I kinda want to cry.

Oh and with the legislation that retroactively blocks most types of lawsuits against the government for their policy failures... Good luck!

AoD

I can't believe this. Some of the things I've seen...I can't repeat, this is a family channel. :eek:

All the time. And I'm talking in custom residential construction....the high end of the construction world. I don't even want to know what goes on in condo development...I'd probably never set foot in one ever again.

This is going well...

EO2uLPGWAAIpzLV.jpg

Back