Toronto EQ Bank Tower | 105.18m | 23s | First Gulf | Sweeny &Co

Shift1.jpg

Shift2.jpg

Shift3.jpg

Shift4.jpg

Shift5.jpg

Shift6.jpg

Question for any engineers/construction experts... any idea how long the drilling/shoring portion of the project will go on for? We talking a matter of a few more weeks, or is it more likely to be months?

Looks like they are working on the west portion of the heritage building. I assume those beams they are inserting into the ground are to help stabilize the brickwork when the rest of the project gets underway?

Equitable Bank Continues to Grow with Plans to Move its Headquarters in Toronto

Feb 26, 2020, 08:00 ET

TORONTO, Feb. 26, 2020 /CNW/ - Today, Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Group Inc. (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR.C), is proud to announce that it has signed a long-term lease agreement at 25 Ontario Street in Toronto, Ontario, an office development owned by First Gulf Corporation and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). The bank will occupy more than 175,000 square feet across eight floors.

The new 24-storey tower, marketed as The Shift, will be renamed the 'EQ Bank Tower' and is set for completion in Q2 2022. Construction has already commenced with site mobilization and excavation.

TORONTO, Feb. 26, 2020 /CNW/ - Today, Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank™, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Group Inc. (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR.C), is proud to announce that it has signed a long-term lease agreement at 25 Ontario Street in Toronto, Ontario, an office development owned by First Gulf Corporation and the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). The bank will occupy more than 175,000 square feet across eight floors.

The new 24-storey tower, marketed as The Shift, will be renamed the 'EQ Bank Tower' and is set for completion in Q2 2022. Construction has already commenced with site mobilization and excavation.

I'd thought the CIty's IMIT program had finally (and thankfully) bitten the dust as it pertains to developments downtown, but apparently I am mistaken:

"As part of the move to the Downtown East core, Equitable looks forward to supporting the City of Toronto's Imagination, Manufacturing, Innovation and Technology (IMIT) business incentive program to promote local employment."

I'd thought the CIty's IMIT program had finally (and thankfully) bitten the dust as it pertains to developments downtown, but apparently I am mistaken:

"As part of the move to the Downtown East core, Equitable looks forward to supporting the City of Toronto's Imagination, Manufacturing, Innovation and Technology (IMIT) business incentive program to promote local employment."
As long as John Tory is in office, the IMIT program will never die.

The program is completely necessary for the downtown core and if anything, there should be a IMIT program for Toronto's suburban City Centres.

As long as John Tory is in office, the IMIT program will never die.

The program is completely necessary for the downtown core and if anything, there should be a IMIT program for Toronto's suburban City Centres.
My understanding is that the IMIT program was killed recently however council voted to approve it for a few last projects, against staff recommendations. Any new projects won't qualify though.

My understanding is that the IMIT program was killed recently however council voted to approve it for a few last projects, against staff recommendations. Any new projects won't qualify though.
Miracles can happen after all thank goodness, at least the status quo has finally been changed for something.

More good news for downtown east. Google and EQ Bank should bring more life to King street in the next few years.

Back