News   Apr 26, 2024
 632     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 231     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 714     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

So... what I wanna know is why Wynne is so devastated by DoFo's proposal to sell booze in corner stores...? Her government was the one that brought booze to grocery stores, might as well bring it further

So... what I wanna know is why Wynne is so devastated by DoFo's proposal to sell booze in corner stores...? Her government was the one that brought booze to grocery stores, might as well bring it further
Wynne want the NDP to win, and not the PC's. I believe many posters here said months ago that the Liberals were going to lose badly for their decade of corruption and incompetence. Thus, in an ideal Liberal world, the NDP win (preferably a minority), then the NDP will no doubt perform even worse than the Liberals did. The Liberals can get a new leader and come back in a few years (maybe as little as 2 if its a minority) and honestly claim that things were better under the Liberals.
If the PC's wins, things will no doubt get worse and the Liberals will be on the sidelines for maybe a decade.

Horwath is struggling to show real leadership when she continues to play hissy fits instead of extolling vision and planning.
[...]
On her campaign bus Saturday, Horwath said the criticism her candidates are facing is “disappointing” and unproductive.

“I don’t think that people want to watch mud be slung by the parties,” she said. “The Conservative party and the Liberal party should think about the fact that when you throw mud, you lose ground.”

Horwath directed the bulk of her complaints toward Wynne.

“Kathleen Wynne basically said if Doug Ford goes low, she’s going to go lower,” Horwath said. “I don’t think that’s leadership.” [....]
And Andrea splashes in the same puddle she accuses the others of doing.

Maybe what we see is all that there is with her? Don't get me wrong, out of the big three, she's the least bad option, but pray to God she finds some kind of higher intellect to govern with.

I've seen school trustee campaigns with a lot more talent than this election.

This is something that I have been saying for a while, Dougie is playing a solo based on a partners act. Think of the straight shtick without the stooge.

SonnyComedyRevue_ad.JPG

A literal last-ditch attempt to appeal to fiscal conservatism? Unfortunately, I think many people will look to their spend-heavy pledges and question their sincerity.

Ontario Liberals promise all surpluses go to debt

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...iberals-promise-all-surpluses-go-to-debt.html

I see them the same way I see a team that is losing 12-0 after 5 innings and wishing there was a mercy rule. Nothing they do or don't do is going to help them, and they were very short-sighted in their major blunders. When people saw their electricity bills, especially people who have cottages and shut off their power in winter but still got charged, that negated anything good the Liberals did.

A literal last-ditch attempt to appeal to fiscal conservatism? Unfortunately, I think many people will look to their spend-heavy pledges and question their sincerity.

Ontario Liberals promise all surpluses go to debt

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...iberals-promise-all-surpluses-go-to-debt.html

There are two problems w/this promise.

The first is that we're well past the point where people care what the Liberals have in the store window. Frankly, I think the level of disdain is overdone, Liberal sins notwithstanding. But it is what it is.

The second, is that the promise is essentially meaningless. The government has a very good idea where its books stand month to month relative to budget.

If there is surplus due to revenue being greater than forecast, or expense being lower, there is nothing that prevents that money being quietly expended by making something else go over budget.

This is done all too often, I've seen it first hand.

This is sort of thing that is sound if practised the way most would hope, but as it is rarely practiced that way, its all rather .........meaningless.

Back