Toronto Bay and Edward Condos | 71.93m | 22s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

I hate that parking lot. So I guess I'm ok with this, but it's a bit disappointing. Toronto does mid rises pretty nicely is seems these days, but not these. These look like they belong on the queensway somewhere.

Ugh, it's like they didn't even try with the podium.

These aren't midrises. I actually think they tried too hard on the podium.

Ok. Well these moderately tall high rises are boring. I think the only thing that would make me forgive the lack of character would be finding out they are TCHC initiatives... Which I doubt they are

How is this monstrosity considered good?

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6554...i3gyrSuP0NyJlHW5SA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

If blocking off a whole portion of Bay street with a bank advertisement sticker is considered good I don't know what to think anymore. This piece of garbage already ruined the potential for the Bay and Dundas intersection now we'll get to see Bay and Edward ruined as well. Great.

Look at the amazing retail presence. Really upped the ante with this one. The fine spandrel work really makes my mouth water.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6556...4!1sBeBbcYF2FEpHdRADVAw8FQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Motion has no connection with the project. I don't find it that similar either. This proposed design is heavy on articulation and cladding. It's everything but the kitchen sink.

This is the last parking lot on Bay to get a proposal, right? Never thought I'd live to see the day when all the Bay Street parking lots were gone.

Seems a shame that such a momentous occasion results in buildings like these, especially considering some of the other buildings that are slated to go up on Bay.

The big question about this proposal is, "Really, before the coach terminal has relocated?" because it was the presence of the loud and smelly coaches across the street that killed the plan for condos here the last time they tried a decade ago… so even if it works this time, the coach terminal (with no closing date in sight) would keep any developer from charging very much for condos here. If, however, the developer were to sit on the site until after the coach terminal were gone, then they would be able to afford to build a more adventurous building. That said, the developer here is the Conservatory Group, and the last thing anyone would call them is architecturally adventurous.

That said, the developer here is the Conservatory Group, and the last thing anyone would call them is architecturally adventurous.

Zappamoney2.jpg

Attachments

• Zappamoney2.jpg
    Zappamoney2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 956

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.42.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 12.42.41 PM.png
    677.4 KB · Views: 889

Back