News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 249     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 735     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

4463 is not tracking and assuming it still no here and in transit, if 4464 is ready to be ship.

That will complete 2017 order/schedule and now onto 2018 unknown scheduling, other than 60 cars this year. I guess 4463 & 64 will be part of the 60 cars this year?

We may see 4462 in service Sunday.

A few posts back there was mention of 11 cars delivered in 2018 Q1 and a cumulative total of 120 cars delivered by 12/31/18. I'm still not sure these figures have been carved in stone. If these are the official numbers then you should get 61 cars delivered FY 2018, starting with 4460 ending with 4520.

Its only January so still way too early to speculate if that will happen.

A few posts back there was mention of 11 cars delivered in 2018 Q1 and a cumulative total of 120 cars delivered by 12/31/18. I'm still not sure these figures have been carved in stone. If these are the official numbers then you should get 61 cars delivered FY 2018, starting with 4460 ending with 4520.

Its only January so still way too early to speculate if that will happen.
The 11 was the CEO's verbal comments at the meeting. Wasn't clear if that was delivered, shipped, in service, or even included the (then) three that had arrived in January, but not included in their year-and count of 59. He said they didn't have a revision yet for the remainder of the year.

11 for Q1 does seem low, given the previous schedule called for 17, with 3 in January, and 7 for the next two months. They've already achieved 5 in January (assuming 4464 doesn't dawdle too much), with the late December cars - 4 of which Bombardier had thought they'd ship in December only 5 weeks ago (two they did, and a third shipped not long after New Year).

So the answer is ... who knows ...

Exactly.
Officially they should have shipped 4468 by now, as there has been no revised schedule since October, only scattered textual updates. Did BBD push the reset button at 59 cars and simply add any cars arriving after Jan 1 into the 2018 total?
Or are they officially starting at 4466 or 4464 for their tally for this year?
Have they officially downsized their 2018 scheduled deliveries from 76 to 61 cars yet?
The post mentioning 120 total by 12/31/18 seemed pretty clear but I don't think anyone really knows for sure especially BBD.

If we could get enough of the new Flexity streetcars in the fleet, maybe we can discuss turning some of the remaining CLRV's into work cars, IE. snowplows.

From link:

streetcar-4510-10.jpg

ttc-w9-lansdowne-19660122.jpg

4413 has either wheel or truck problems while on QQ. Its a sound I haven't heard before, but most likely wheels. Not your standard flat spot for wheels sound.

4462 will enter service on Wed AM, after 2 fail burn in. That will make it 21 days after arrival like 4461.

No idea where 4463 is, but not tracking on this end. May arrive after 4464 that should arrive in the next few days.

4463 is tracking and no idea when it arrived. Has 4464 arrive??

4462 is having major issues and no clue whats up. When I posted that it looked like going into service a few days ago, it was in line with the rest of the cars that night. When I left in the morning early, it was still sitting there, but when I came home, it was in the service bay. Before going to bed, I noticed it heading to St Clair and has been up there a number of time.

The past 30 hours has seen the car sitting on one of the 2 in bound track just before the switch for hours and then back into the service bay. All the trackers are showing this and not sure if that true or a GPS problem. A few times the car has shown up outside of TTC system.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, all I know about the Bombardier Streetcar contract is what I've learned from this thread, but aren't we at the 60 streetcar mark? Why aren't we hearing about whether the option for the additional 60 will or won't be exercised?

Excuse my ignorance, all I know about the Bombardier Streetcar contract is what I've learned from this thread, but aren't we at the 60 streetcar mark? Why aren't we hearing about whether the option for the additional 60 will or won't be exercised?

Good question. I suspect the answer is complicated.

We know the city wants more than 60 cars (100 IIRC) and was preparing a tender for this. We also know Bombardier is struggling to meet their reliability requirements.

I expect they gave each-other an extension on both items. I also expect if the city does go to tender that Bombardier will place a bid using pricing similar to the options contract.

Last edited:
Good question. I suspect the answer is complicated.

We know the city wants more than 60 cars (100 IIRC) and was preparing a tender for this. We also know Bombardier is struggling to meet their reliability requirements.

I expect they gave each-other an extension on both items. I also expect if the city does go to tender that Bombardier will place a bid using pricing similar to the options contract.
Wasn't it 150+60?

1. There will probably be a lot of replies on this but here it is in a nutshell. City is forced to make a tough decision. Either stick with Bombardiers poor performance and their tone deafness about it or pay more money and wait longer for a competitor to make tbem. No matter which decision is made some will criticize it.

Back