generateImage.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 556
Last edited:

Attachments

• oxford place.PNG
    oxford place.PNG
    611.2 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Those two buildings make CN Tower look small and inferior. No large skyscraper should be built close to the tower. That's bad planning!

Those two buildings make CN Tower look small and inferior. No large skyscraper should be built close to the tower. That's bad planning!

Yeah id keep the one @ the intersection of Front and Simcoe and eliminate the one closer to the CN Tower, which in reality is about the same distance as the soon to rise Gehry Towers just north on King
Id also expect the tower to be downsized to 250-280 meters to compliment 156 Front/Union Centre....Anyways back to the topic of 30 Bay

Those Oxford twins look fine next to the CN tower. The CN tower can hold its own.

For me, with tall twin towers of the exact same height, I tend to think of NYC's World Trade Center.

Those Oxford twins look fine next to the CN tower. The CN tower can hold its own.

For me, with tall twin towers of the exact same height, I tend to think of NYC's World Trade Center.

Agreed with regard to their relationship to the CN, but I actually think that design now looks too similar to that of CIBC Square.

Lotte Tower looks almost exactly like the Shard in London. Does the world need another one? And, please, no twisting towers either.

The Lotte tower looks great as a stand alone as in the pic. In Toronto in that location we would need a more prominent top to stand out. How about an upside down Turkey baster?

I’m definitely a height fanboy. But I don’t like the Oxford convention centre towers. Maybe if they were different heights? But I’m ok with them not happening.

Well, I was thinking Toronto when suggested Lotte-type-of-a-Tower for the site. Let's be real, this is Toronto we are talking about - no crazy architecture, rectangular cross sections, maximization of useful floor plans, and etc. Lotte is rectangular enough, yet I think tapering to the top and curved edges would make it stand out with all the boxes at the background. Furthermore, looking form the lake, the site is very close to the water and obstructed only by a few relatively short structures (well not really, but still...), so I assume its base will be seen from the lake trough Bay street. Finally, I think we can afford 300+ m building in the area - perfect location for a supertall World Trade Centre with clean architecture.

Lotte is a derivative supertall and Oxford is derivative Foster. I can't say that I'm impressed by either.

I don't need crazy. I don't need tall. I'm fine with boxy. I just want quality. A double skin with depth to it would be nice.

The Toronto Board of Trade office is maybe 50,000 square feet. There's no need for a supertall World Trade Centre.

I don't need crazy. I don't need tall. I'm fine with boxy. I just want quality. A double skin with depth to it would be nice.

The Toronto Board of Trade office is maybe 50,000 square feet. There's no need for a supertall World Trade Centre.

Gee, i thought when a world class city builds a World Trade Centre it's for everyone in the business to lease and not just their local Board of Trade?... i doubt that Oxford is going to build 6 storey/50.000 sq. ft. high-end office component here just cause you think that it would be a good fit for The Toronto Board of Trade

Back