News   Apr 18, 2024
 360     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.5K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2K     4 

Should Sold Data be public?

Pretty harsh. A good agents skills are not easily replaceable. I'm also not of the belief that your level of education should determine how much you should be paid either.

I do think this whole thing looks very bad on TREB though and they can only manipulate the market for so long.

Thank you. It's a very appalling statement making assumptions like that. Almost sense a lot of jealously. I think our cities are too small to release CREBs bloodline. It will happen one day. I'm assuming 5 years time. Which is a lot in real estate time.

At the end of the day we're self-employed. You take risks to reap rewards. Think majority of people can't handle the stress of being a real estate agent. There's a lot of duties that come with this job and aside from a 24/hr work schedule. A lot of us have passion in it. So why group us with the part-timers. Speculators? This too some is a long life career. You can jump on the bandwagon but the future 80% of realtors will be wiped out. Service is key.

I think Migos your focusing on the wrong things in life. Instead of playing the blame game. GO OUT AND GET WHAT YOU WANT.

Last edited:
It's available from the land registry office near Yonge/Dundas for free.

Or you can probably ask a friend who is real estate agent. Isn't there about 40,000 in the GTA now? Surely everyone must a friend who can access the data.

It's available from the land registry office near Yonge/Dundas for free.

Or you can probably ask a friend who is real estate agent. Isn't there about 40,000 in the GTA now? Surely everyone must a friend who can access the data.

Is the information digital at the land registry office? I wonder if they could get this information online without involving Realtors.

Is the information digital at the land registry office? I wonder if they could get this information online without involving Realtors.
I'd assume it is for sales in the last few decades, from the printouts I've seen. Some government agencies have access to the data, so I'd assume so.

When I access municipal tax data for some of my neighbours, I can see recent sales for those properties, so that data is being populated from somewhere.

Thank you. It's a very appalling statement making assumptions like that. Almost sense a lot of jealously. I think our cities are too small to release CREBs bloodline. It will happen one day. I'm assuming 5 years time. Which is a lot in real estate time.

At the end of the day we're self-employed. You take risks to reap rewards. Think majority of people can't handle the stress of being a real estate agent. There's a lot of duties that come with this job and aside from a 24/hr work schedule. A lot of us have passion in it. So why group us with the part-timers. Speculators? This too some is a long life career. You can jump on the bandwagon but the future 80% of realtors will be wiped out. Service is key.

I think Migos your focusing on the wrong things in life. Instead of playing the blame game. GO OUT AND GET WHAT YOU WANT.

As much as I hate the following saying, it does hold true: Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's the same way when it comes to people complaining about public sector employees on the sunshine list. You simply can't blame the individual for securing those jobs when those jobs are available to them.

Pretty harsh. A good agents skills are not easily replaceable. I'm also not of the belief that your level of education should determine how much you should be paid either.

I do think this whole thing looks very bad on TREB though and they can only manipulate the market for so long.

What can a good agent do that others can't and what is that worth?

As much as I hate the following saying, it does hold true: Don't hate the player, hate the game. It's the same way when it comes to people complaining about public sector employees on the sunshine list. You simply can't blame the individual for securing those jobs when those jobs are available to them.

Nobody is blaming real estate agents for anything. I'm simply stating that they are overpaid relative to their worth due to a monopoly that the Competition Bureau should have abolished a long time ago.

If public servants didn't strike so often, they would probably be seen in a better light by the public that pays their salary, but that's neither here nor there.

What can a good agent do that others can't and what is that worth?

I don't even know how to answer this question. You can say this about just about any job. I'm not going to get caught up in who deserves to get paid what and how much. That's a silly discussion IMO.

You're going a little too hard on agents.

I generally respect the agents. But sometimes they irritate me. For example, we are in the process of searching for a new lease, and I contacted a listing agent directly to ask about viewing a property. They were fine, until I mentioned that we were starting our search early and wouldn't be able to take occupancy until 60-90 days. Suddenly, there was an "offer" on the place and he wouldn't show it to me.

What likely really happened, is that he wanted to get paid ASAP. Even if I was a desirable AAA applicant, and the owner was willing to accept my occupancy date, he killed any possible deal. He took it upon himself to determine that his client would never see me or my offer.

Yes, the owner probably wanted an immediate occupancy. But the proper response in that case is "sorry, but the owner needs someone right away." But he apparently chose to lie. How do I know? Another agent took me through the property the very next day and was not aware of any offers.

It's this type of stuff that turns people off.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. Are there any agents capable of taking a photo that isn't stretched? Or do they really think we're fooled by such blatant fakery? Oh, look how wide the living room is, honey! Sheesh. MLS is full of these amateurish photos and they do nothing but ruin the listings. If it is MLS fault, realtors should insist they join the rest of us in the the year 2015 and fix it.

Last edited:
I generally respect the agents. But sometimes they irritate me. For example, we are in the process of searching for a new lease, and I contacted a listing agent directly to ask about viewing a property. They were fine, until I mentioned that we were starting our search early and wouldn't be able to take occupancy until 60-90 days. Suddenly, there was an "offer" on the place and he wouldn't show it to me.

What likely really happened, is that he wanted to get paid ASAP. Even if I was a desirable AAA applicant, and the owner was willing to accept my occupancy date, he killed any possible deal. He took it upon himself to determine that his client would never see me or my offer.

Yes, the owner probably wanted an immediate occupancy. But the proper response in that case is "sorry, but the owner needs someone right away." But he apparently chose to lie. How do I know? Another agent took me through the property the very next day and was not aware of any offers.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. Are there any agents capable of taking a photo that isn't stretched? Or do they really think we're fooled by such blatant fakery? Oh, look how wide the living room is, honey! Sheesh. MLS is full of these amateurish photos and they do nothing but ruin the listings. If it is MLS fault, realtors should insist they join the rest of us in the the year 2015 and fix it.

There are some real slimeball agents with slimeball clients. I saw this first hand while looking for a place to buy over the last few months. That said, there are some really good agents out there. Just have to be lucky enough to find one.

I just hate lazy agents and there are a lot of them. There's no excuse for a property to not have high def images. No excuse. But, properties sell pretty easily so agents don't bother trying. How do you list a $2M home with crappy images? Madness.

At least the agent took a photo. There's plenty of listings without any photos which is almost unbelievable to me in this day and age.

At least the agent took a photo. There's plenty of listings without any photos which is almost unbelievable to me in this day and age.

I've seen a few listings that did not include any photos. Within a few seconds it was obvious as to why... :)

But also, to be fair, sometimes there is a tenant who does not want their personal belongings photographed, or the tenant does not keep a clean house and/or will not cooperate with any staging.

What could possibly go wrong with releasing the data? Mr. Smith sells his house in a normal market. Asking $789,000, sold for $750,000. That information is then released by all sorts of sources to the general public. Mr. Smith's house has NOT closed. The buyer, for some reason, has to pull out before closing. Mr. Smith gets a mutual release, and needs to put his house back on the market. Now, everyone knows, including the general public, that he only got $750,000 and now has his back against a wall, so they offer $730,000. On the MLS system, if a deal falls through, the sale price is deleted from the system. Only agents with a good memory know it previously sold for $750,000.

Back