Toronto Minto Midtown | 160.01m | 52s | Minto Group | Zeidler

Nimbymania

Looking these beauty rising can't forget what huge anti-campaigne
nimbies made...

let's remember:

NIMBY1.jpg

but, fortunately they didn't win...

PissOfNimby.jpg

I don't find it that "spectacular"--but more in that it kinda absorbs itself into the whole Yonge-Eglinton asparagus patch...

I hope the art shop(pe) goes; that's a 2 tower site imo. There's more crappy one story buildings in the area--the (soon to be old) td bank@NE corner; a few buildings south of MM, etc. In the Y+E area, I noted about 100 future development sites (ie parking lots, spaces between towers, plazas.) So anyone who buys into a condo claiming to be the "last chance" at y+e is nuts.

MM is likely the first of many 50 story towers in the area: hurray!

Looking these beauty rising can't forget what huge anti-campaigne
nimbies made...

let's remember:

NIMBY1.jpg

but, fortunately they didn't win...

PissOfNimby.jpg

Makes no sense. The proposal was never for anything that big.

By the way, I like the avatar.

Weird thing about that "Minto TD" rendition: it retains that ungainly old provincial gov't building that was torn down for Minto...

Occupancy date when I bought in March 2006 was listed in my contract as September 30, 2007. So far they appear to at least be on schedule, but that can change. I expect to be one of the first to move in due to my location so was told to expect to move before that date. Tower should be full height October/November.

FYI, if you look up the group "Minto Midtown" on Facebook, someone who did their PDI in July posted pictures from the inside of the building.

Mary

Originaly so hated by some, that neighbourhood now has two of the better-looking towers of recent developments.

...and the "some" might still say, "Better-looking? Ha!"

Now, the Hunt Club condos at 1111 Avenue Rd--*there's* "better-looking". Not this modernist high-rise crap.
KarenStintz.jpg

She rOOLz

Back