Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

First day of the shiny new parking lot under WPPIII.

IMG_6132.JPG

The old parking lot under WPPI and II now looks like a total dungeon by comparison.

We enter off Harbour now.

This morning they had two uniformed cops at the entrance and about 10 WPP security guards throughout the parking lot directing us where to go.

A little overkill but nice nonetheless.

Last edited:
Move in day

Nice corporate color combination: canary and blue.

Attachments

• 20140908_064941.jpg
    20140908_064941.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 960
  • 20140908_064957.jpg
    20140908_064957.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 964
315 Front is being vacated, some RBC folks are staying behind at 330 Front, others are being dispersed to other leased properties downtown.

Oddly enough, 315 Front has 0 for lease, even though I know RBC took just about all of this building ? That's rather odd, not too sure what is going on.

Even on Oxford.com they show 0 space being available in 315 Front, only theories there:
1) They already have a tenant lined up (hard to believe, its a lot of space ~ 330K).
2) They plan on renovating the building and until that's done won't put it back no the market.
Hard to believe as well because even when companies plan to renovate they always market the space years in advance.

3) This may have something to do with the Oxford proposal for the Conference Center / Office building i.e. they want to keep the building empty for that reason.

Oddly enough, 315 Front has 0 for lease, even though I know RBC took just about all of this building ? That's rather odd, not too sure what is going on.

Even on Oxford.com they show 0 space being available in 315 Front, only theories there:
1) They already have a tenant lined up (hard to believe, its a lot of space ~ 330K).
2) They plan on renovating the building and until that's done won't put it back no the market.
Hard to believe as well because even when companies plan to renovate they always market the space years in advance.

3) This may have something to do with the Oxford proposal for the Conference Center / Office building i.e. they want to keep the building empty for that reason.

I thought that the Royal Bank buildings at 315 and 325 Front were to be redeveloped as part of the convention centre project - why they would not be being re-leased at this time.

I thought that the Royal Bank buildings at 315 and 325 Front were to be redeveloped as part of the convention centre project - why they would not be being re-leased at this time.

Maybe they have plans to go ahead with the convention center project sooner than later ? Otherwise you'd think they'd attempt to lease space, the building generates no income sitting empty. I think RBC is still using 325 Front though, data center.

Just took a walk through there. I can take more pictures tomorrow if anyone would like. It looks really nice. Big and open.

In the afternoon sun the light through the west 2 storey high windows is absolutely blinding. It bounces off all the white surfaces and you can't look anywhere without squinting hard. It'll feel nice and warm and sunny in the dreary winter months down here, but might need some shades during the summer. It's too bright.

What's the material that all the white wall tiles are made from? I assumed marble, but on the columns it's curved all the way around in curved panels and I don't think you can do that with marble (maybe I'm wrong) is it some kind of engineered quartz?

I assumed the upper inside of the building was still being worked on. I wonder which floor are finished and ready to move in, surely not all of them.

Really digging the new underground parking lot though. That is sweet.

Nope, no food court stuff open yet. Looks like lots of rooms for shops though all over the place.

I wonder how much renovation of the old buildings we will see. It seems like a great opportunity to upgrade the whole complex.

Back