Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

16 August 2014: Yo, I think it's mediocre--care to guess why?
nAJGpOy.jpg

what are those four white pipes on top? look like some exhausts from Westar trucks.

In those last 2 photos by marcanadian, I was wondering why it looked like L tower gained a few pounds, only to realize its cuz they're cladding the gap left by the construction elevator lol. I guess it gave the illusion of it being skinnier than it actually is and now I'm not used to it (still a skinny building relatively speaking though, no fat shaming here)

It doesn't have to be a luxury or condo to make it nice! lame excuse !

There's a big difference between being "nicer" and being "nice". Sure, the L's cladding is not top-notch, but I wouldn't say that doesn't have an overall nice look. It could have been nicer? Sure. But that would require a bigger investment, money that come from the actual buyers of those apartments. Plus, if you think that the L Tower was a "engineering challenge" due to its shape, you can realize why it didn't ended up wrapped with spectacular glass.

This tower, like Red October correctly stated, isn't a luxury condo. The cheapest one bedroom apartment for sale at One57 is priced around $9 millions of dollars. The penthouse was sold for $90 millions. A one bedroom at L Tower starts at ~$350K dollars. And on top of that, this is Toronto, not Midtown Manhattan, even if we could have the exact copy of One57 right at the Esplanade, do you think people would prefer to pay $90 million for a view of the Lake Ontario or for a panorama of Central Park?

Last edited:
I don't think that view matters for the price of a condo. if that was the case then condos in Vancouver would have been sold for more than $90 million for having a more beautiful view than NewYork city.

It doesn't have to be a luxury or condo to make it nice! lame excuse !

yep. a greatly designed building shouldn't come at the cost or equate to sacrificing on quality. we've seen this far too many times on buildings with innovative designs. #thecheapening

i also think a lot of it is with the developer. Marketing L tower as a high range, while it's more mid-range, bringing up everybody's expectations with their renders and marketing. Design got cut down after the boot, but perhaps they delivered as expected.

Last edited:
I don't think that view matters for the price of a condo. if that was the case then condos in Vancouver would have been sold for more than $90 million for having a more beautiful view than NewYork city.

Of course I was talking about the actual location. And yes it matters, a view of Central park is undoubtedly more prestigious and a prime location than one of Lake Ontario or even in Vancouver, despite what are your personal tastes.

Last edited:
The tower views here suck almost as much as L Tower does--you'd be staring out at a sea of mostly mediocre condo towers and generic office towers. I would still live around here though--an entire floor in a century old office building around Yonge & Wellington perhaps?

Anyhow, 23 August 2014 I wondered how many cars will get smashed up here?
GmflETE.jpg

X2beVFp.jpg

sKmL3Pq.jpg

WCFnnA2.jpg

ckcdGN1.jpg

the most interesting thing here is the underpass
0PXGh3c.jpg

8MOGsmJ.jpg

1bmzceJ.jpg

8BpcKx3.jpg

xSr8t12.jpg

they should take it down. I don't think they need the crane for anything else. the tower is done.

Back