Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Well - looks what's shining tonight

4NI7FAd.jpg
OFVjk1j.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I thought of it I looked over and it seemed to be that sad, stationary purple test colour. Today they have a crane on the roof accessing somewhere around the dome area, maybe something to do with the lighting?

From BBC website:

Businessman Donald Trump is fighting with Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel over a sign affixed to Mr Trump's downtown skyscraper.

The 20ft (6m) tall T-R-U-M-P sign was placed 200ft above the Chicago river and is backlit by bright lights.

Mr Emanuel's office said the mayor believed the "architecturally tasteful building" was "scarred" by the sign.

But Mr Trump has said the sign is "magnificent" and "popular" and argued the city previously signed off on it.

It enhances the building, he told NBC News, and the building itself is "a great piece of architecture, great for Chicago".

"Cities love the [Trump] brand and we are getting tweets, letters and phone calls from people who just love it [the sign]."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27837822

Took this today. I guess those 'bunny ears' at the top are for window washing?

Also got me thinking; Are the penthouses for these luxury properties ever really occupied? I know many remain vacant for a long period of time and sit as investment properties. But I would understand so down that down line they are rented out or perhaps even occupied? But as it sits, is this one still vacant? I would assume so since the lights on the top floor are always on (as i recall), much like vacant office floors blast their lighting until they occupied. to my recollection, the blinds are always down on the Ritz Carlton penthouse and wrap around the entire floor,.

This question applies to the likes of other similar properties like the Ritz, Four Seasons, and Shangri-la. I'd also love to see photos/videos of the insides of these units, but it seems as if not a lot of people actually step foot in them.

Trump Toronto by stevevephotostream#1, on Flickr

...Also got me thinking; Are the penthouses for these luxury properties ever really occupied? I know many remain vacant for a long period of time and sit as investment properties. But I would understand so down that down line they are rented out or perhaps even occupied? But as it sits, is this one still vacant? I would assume so since the lights on the top floor are always on (as i recall), much like vacant office floors blast their lighting until they occupied. to my recollection, the blinds are always down on the Ritz Carlton penthouse and wrap around the entire floor,.

Steveve, it is not unusual for the high end suites in better buildings to be unoccupied most of the time. Typically, people well enough off to buy such units are really wealthy, and have multiple residences in different parts of the world, only using their Toronto condominiums on the occasions when they happen to be in town. One of the early buildings with a high proportion of part time residents is the condominium complex on top of the Terminal Warehouse building - from my understanding, very few of the owners are actually in residence at any given time. The more elaborate and high end the finishes are in a suite, it appears the less time the owner will actually be there to enjoy them.

Last edited:
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5H 4G3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 14 183244 ZSV 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jul 2, 2014

Project: Multiple-Use Building Sign

Description: Proposal to erect and display ten signs, including window signs with electronic static copy, and other wall signs which are larger than what the by-law allows. **Trump Int'l Hotel & Tower**

That's vague. I wonder where those ten signs are intended to go. How big are they? That could be anything from little things at ground level to something massive on the east side.

Steveve, it is not unusual for the high end suites in better buildings to be unoccupied most of the time. Typically, people well enough off to buy such units are really wealthy, and have multiple residences in different parts of the world, only using their Toronto condominiums on the occasions when they happen to be in town. One of the early buildings with a high proportion of part time residents is the condominium complex on top of the Terminal Warehouse building - from my understanding, very few of the owners are actually in residence at any given time. The more elaborate and high end the finishes are in a suite, it appears the less time the owner will actually be there to enjoy them.

Jonas Valanciunas of the Raptors lives in Trump Tower.

Back