Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

It looks pretty clear in the rendering's that isn't just fritted glass. This is one of the most exiting projects being built - by the way if you go around to the back you will see there is brick cladding along the base/loading dock area? It looks just like Pinnacle on Adelaide. There are also a couple of windows installed at the back as well (not the final glass to go up the entire building - looks like that will be just in that area there).

photo3.jpg
photo1.jpg
Went back to the site to get some pics and wouldn't you know... cladding is up! on the west side of the building... hard to catch and not visible from King Street

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,149
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,148
Looks like that glass with the insulation is just to close up the floor and not be in complete darkness. Maybe they have a construction office in there?

I just realized how aA dominates architectural design when it comes to tower development near important historic landmarks: SP!RE across from St. James Cathedral, the condo towers in the Distillery District, and now this tower by the Alex. They've produce polished designs so far. Hopefully this one will be their most spectacular tower yet.

20131001_172959.jpg
20131001_173016.jpg

Hey been lurking the site for a long time, appreciate all the updates I've got! Thought it was about time to post something back. Caught these pics today.

Attachments

• 20131001_172959.jpg
    20131001_172959.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 20131001_173016.jpg
    20131001_173016.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 750
Thanks cman17! We will look forward to more from you.

There's a good chance people will be drooling uncontrollably over this one: that's hot looking glass.

Other local architects/developers should take note of the lack of plasticky grey mullion caps and spandrel. A world of difference.

View attachment 18547

Hey been lurking the site for a long time, appreciate all the updates I've got! Thought it was about time to post something back. Caught these pics today.

In this first picture what's that black 'ramp' sticking out from a floor - like a balcony? I've seen this on other buildings. I wonder what keeps it from tipping over and out. :confused: And prevents it from causing that floor space to dip...or is concrete dried fully by now...

Last edited:

Back