Toronto University Heights Professional and Medical Centre | ?m | 8s | Haven

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's some redevelopment coming, courtesy of increased land values around a new Spadina line extension station. This will be an 8-storey high office and retail centre one block east of Keele Street on Finch Avenue West.

Last edited:
Here's some redevelopment coming, courtesy of increased land values around a new Spadina line extension station. This will be an 8-storey high office and retail centre one block east of Keele Street on Finch Avenue West.

Wow, this would be nice to see ....

I was expecting all the office development on this line to be located in VCC ... with Toronto seeing none less a couple condos ...

I guess they haven't started marketing it yet so too early to tell.

you have this mapped in a location on the I-10 somewhere in the US..

I shouldn't have to tell Bings Maps "& Finch Ave W". 35 Tangiers Rd should be sufficient! It treats address ranges differently than Google Maps does, and we've had to play around with the location of a number of projects since switching.

Wow, this would be nice to see ....

I was expecting all the office development on this line to be located in VCC ... with Toronto seeing none less a couple condos ...

I guess they haven't started marketing it yet so too early to tell.

They have a website (linked through the dataBase page!!)

Great that's good; Though I see they are targeting medical suites - a couple such buildings have went up in the outer 416, as they serve the local market.

I really wish we'd see some of the large american companies that run rampant throughout the 905 consider moving to the outer 416 ... rant over ...

Pity the TTC isn't benefiting from building over its stations instead of low rise table tops grumble grumble

Are they at least building the stations with towers above at some point in mind?

Good to see new office space following the subway extension.

Well this is all very pleasant. I'm not sure about those wide grass verges though, where groweth the renderwood trees. Those aren't going to be too appealing in winter.

Why is this not 3 to 5 times its proposed height (eg. 24-40s)? I know there is a certain degree of saturation in the office market right now but this building likely won't command the same rents as one in the core, allowing a different clientele of office to establish itself outside of the core (yet still directly on a subway line and in close proximity to an institution of higher learning).

For all this talk of intensification ...... this will be a nice little office project, and I can see 1 or 2 more but that's it on this side of the border (i.e. 416) .....

Think about it for a second, the subway has went up to downsview for years now, there is plenty of space around Downsview, more so Wilson for office development and 0 has taken place ... it gets worse, a large modern office development was even proposed behind the 'Gramercy Park' condos ... (larger and more modern then this complex), geared toward technology companies ... no takers and the project is all but canceled ...

There are other issues at play that make office space outside core areas of Toronto fairly undesirable ... well sorry, that's not true ... fairly 'stable' is a better term ... by that I mean there is a little office space along Finch / Sheppard today and the vacancy rates are actually low ! That doesn't mean there is new demand, but its stable ...

Definitely different clientele as it's a condo with the suites being sold off. It's not really tied to the office market

Last edited:

Back