Vaughan KPMG Vaughan | ?m | 14s | SmartCentres | Diamond Schmitt

Interesting it looks like there will be surface parking, at least for a little while after this is built, you can see it in one of the renders.

I guess its temporary until they build on top of it.

Interesting it looks like there will be surface parking, at least for a little while after this is built, you can see it in one of the renders.

I guess its temporary until they build on top of it.

If you read the document, it clearly says that the surface parking is temporary. There will be 2 underground parking floors.

Did anyone hear if Vaughan council voted to support Calloway's application...i understand council discussed this yesterday.

Did anyone hear if Vaughan council voted to support Calloway's application...i understand council discussed this yesterday.

The meeting minutes are not up on the website yet, however I don't see any chance this didn't go through. The city NEEDS this one to go through without any complications if it wants VMC to become a reality.

The meeting minutes are not up on the website yet, however I don't see any chance this didn't go through. The city NEEDS this one to go through without any complications if it wants VMC to become a reality.

I agree 100%, this project will kick-start the VMC.

I agree 100%, this project will kick-start the VMC.

They should have built their new City Hall there if they wanted VMC to become a reality, but that dead horse has been beaten enough already (poor thing). But it's not really the KPMG Tower that will kick-start VMC, it's the subway, hands-down. Otherwise only low density commercial developments would be built.

Well so far the subway has spurred all but a single condo and a 14 floor office building. really booming up there, VMC :p

That one condo is part of a 5-tower development, all 30+ storeys. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes that will be apparent in due time. Whether VMC becomes a "success" remains to be seen. While I am hopeful, I am very skeptical, especially in the execution within the public realm.

Looks like construction is imminent. site is fenced off with "PCL" (construction) signs all over. I think I saw some equipment on site as well.

14 stories is really underwhelming for what is being planned for the area IMHO. I would have expected an upper limit of 25 - 30 stories and some 20 story buildings. But then the city can do all the planning it wants, it is the developer that decides what is economical to build.

Keep in mind that a 14-storey office tower would be about the same height as a 19 or 20-storey residential tower, if it's height you're looking for. So few office towers are going up in the 905 at all, that this one, even at 14 storeys, has to be seen as a vote of confidence in Vaughan's plans for any kind of a downtown.

Back