Toronto Dream Residences at Yorkdale | ?m | 9s | Dream Maker Developments | Kirkor Architects

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
http://dreammakerrealty.ca/

http://dreamyorkdalecondos.com/

dreamyorkdale.jpg

Attachments

• dreamyorkdale.jpg
    dreamyorkdale.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,864
I'm a happy camper today. Many people hate this location. They talk bad about how suburban and car oriented it is. Lawrence heights always is brought up despite the plan go redevelop it. Anyways with what's happening around Wilson station and what's happening at Lawrence and dufferin and what will happen at Lawrence height, this area is about to change forever. A 500 meter walk to the subway, a 500 meter walk to a mall and restaurant's. I see no reason why this area can't be booming when it's all done in 30 years. It seems that their are others who think the same way because all the small bungalows in terms area are being ripped down to build mansions. Now we just need to get to ripping down some plazas and parking lots facing dufferin and add some condos. A streetcar or lrt would just be icing on the cake.

It is nice to see urban buildings like this going in on upper Duffrin. I have always hated that part of Toronto, even though I grew up near there, so the change can't come fast enough for me.

this would be the first real residential development for yorkdale right? Kind of amazing how that mall doesn't have any density around it..

It seems that their are others who think the same way because all the small bungalows in terms area are being ripped down to build mansions. Now we just need to get to ripping down some plazas and parking lots facing dufferin and add some condos. A streetcar or lrt would just be icing on the cake.

It's too bad they can't rip down the bungalows to subdivide the lot into urban semis or duplexes. That would go a long way to adding family-friendly, urban density in the city. Ah, zoning rules.

realx, there are maybe 4 buildings in the entirety of Toronto built in the last decade that UD likes, and they all happen to be by Aa.

So you're saying we should joyfully accept crap like these 'Dream Residences,' foisted upon us by developers and architects who would be laughed out of other cities of similar size? What a depressingly low bar you have.

Back