Toronto Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences | 236.51m | 67s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I know what he means, and he did say core. Anything below the tracks seems not quite downtown. Sort of sub-town.

Thank you.

As for transportfan, I thought this area below the tracks was being referred to as South Core. I'm not from Toronto, so it's inevitable that I will occasionally get something wrong. I appreciate the correction but not the snark. This is the second time this week some dude comes out of the woodwork.

from today
DSCF8262.jpg

DSCF8261.jpg

Is this project a condo or an office tower because our real estate agent told us it was an office tower when we purchased at ten york.

Is this project a condo or an office tower because our real estate agent told us it was an office tower when we purchased at ten york.
It's both.. one 31 storey office building and two condos 62 and 66 storeys. There's huge signs with this info on the sidewalk anyone can see, how did ya miss it?

To be fair, if you're walking down York st, if I remember correctly, all you really see is the billboard for the office tower. I don't think the notice for the condos is in the same location.

this project is too tall imo, there's gonna be like 20,000 people in this area without a subway stop. they can't all walk to work.

i think you underestimate some people's laziness. with all the new traffic it could take more than 5 min just to cross lakeshore as a pedestrian. i wasn't aware of the direct indoor connnection to union though, hopefully it's straightforward without too many twists and turns.(it would have to go around/through the acc or mls) also I'm pretty sure Union wasnt meant to handle the amount of people that will be getting on and off the yonge line from there in 10 years, even with the new division of platforms.

Last edited:
adding the new platform for the subway is essentially doubling the capacity of Union station (for the subway) it will take a lot more than 5-6 big skyscrapers to use up all that new capacity.

i think you underestimate some people's laziness. with all the new traffic it could take more than 5 min just to cross lakeshore as a pedestrian.

I think you overestimate people's laziness, and besides, anyone taking more than 5 min just to cross Lake Shore should not live down there. Plus, anyone moving in there will be paying a premium to how well it's located, and it is rare to find such lazy lumps with the cash to spend on such locations, nor the willingness to do it in the first place.

i wasn't aware of the direct indoor connnection to union though, hopefully it's straightforward without too many twists and turns.(it would have to go around/through the acc or mls)

It will go through the ACC to Union, Telus, and everything else that's connected. Currently there are stairs and hard-to-find doors involved at the ACC end. Hopefully that connection will be improved soon. From ACC there are good same-level connections into MLS as well.

also I'm pretty sure Union wasnt meant to handle the amount of people that will be getting on and off the yonge line from there in 10 years, even with the new division of platforms.

Innsertnamehere's right about that: Union subway will handle the crowds. Not that it won't be busy mind you…

Last edited:
this project is too tall imo, there's gonna be like 20,000 people in this area without a subway stop. they can't all walk to work.

People's circumstances vary, and change over time. Some residents in the area will end up driving - to jobs out in Mississauga, Markham, Vaughn, or where ever. Some will be taking the subway from TTC's Union Station to points East, West, and North of the downtown business district. A small number may end up commuting on the Go train service to points on one of the SEVEN Go train lines serviced from Union Station.

However, I would expect that the majority would be working in either the Southcore or the traditional Central Business District - CBD (generally defined as being as the area bounded by the South Side of Queen Street down to Front Street, and from the West side of Victoria, through to the East side of Simcoe), and the vast majority of these would walk to work.

Should not be a problem.

Last edited:

Back