Toronto TYSSE: Downsview Park Station | ?m | ?s | TTC | AECOM

Whatever it's called, I'm surprised at how bland Sheppard West looks. The interior finishes look like they where inspired by the Bloor Danforth line tiles in colour and shape, and that infamous exercise in bland and soul-crushingly boring design is perhaps the most important lesson in terms of what not to do in the future.

As long as it doesn't get changed to Sheppard West, since the Sheppard Line station at the same location couldn't have that name, and then they'll have to change it again.

I think Sheppard West is fine. Most of the interchange stations really have two names anyway. Bloor station on the Yonge line, Yonge station on the Bloor line. The new station could simply be Sheppard-Dufferin.

All the more reason to push for Idomo Station as a way of commemorating our cultural heritage!

They have built a temporary diversion track for the GO Barrie Line, but I don't know what they're doing to the main track which necessitates it.
They are building the station right underneath the GO tracks, so they need to excavate out the whole thing.

There's a great view of the construction from the GO train itself.

They are building the station right underneath the GO tracks, so they need to excavate out the whole thing.

There's a great view of the construction from the GO train itself.

That was my guess, but I would have thought they'd need to move the tracks further away than they did. I'm guessing they'll just excavate under the regular tracks, build a temporary bridge, then excavate where the diverted tracks are?

Is the diversion for construction of the station buildings? The station box has already been dug for over a year now.

Back