Celebration (Malibu) - Real Estate -

anddan

Member Bio
Reaction score
From what I heard (disclaimer: hearsay only), the number of worksheets submitted is nearly 3X the units available for allocation.

From what I heard (disclaimer: hearsay only), the number of worksheets submitted is nearly 3X the units available for allocation.

What the...sales already started? The surroundings arent the greatest neighborhoods so I imagine that the prices are quite affordable

Yes, they have started the VIP promotion with the preview pricing. Apparently, the demand/supply (worksheets/available unit) ratio was over 3, something like 5, 6. The offerings are mostly 1 bedroom or 1+1. The price starts at 186,900 including a parking. The base price seems to be set at around $37x psf.

Actually, while the Bridlewood Mall itself leaves a lot to be desired, the area in the immediate area is very well established, has some great housing stock, and good community dimensions. What with the impending development of Sheppard East one (big) block to the south, this neighbourhood might very well represent excellent returns in terms of real estate...

interesting...im surprised that 1br and 1+den would be popular in Scarb...2 br would make alot more sense since that is more family friendly....unless its all investors lol

I suppose bridlewood mall has ruined the area for me, but maybe these development plans can save it

Does anyone know if the phase 2 have as many offering as phase 1?
How is phase 2 compare to phase 1?
South of Finch is a grave yard. That kind of turn me off.

Do they offer the same VIP package in phase 2?
$4000 rebrate, kitchen upgrade, etc?

Last edited:
They are selling really well over there. P1 about 95% sold and P2 around 40% a month ago when I was there. Rumor is that P3 smallest 2 bedroom is going to be very close to 400k, no idea on the actual sizing of the unit though. I bought P1 penthouse unit.

@theflyingsquirrel - You should make it over there and take a look. Very friendly staff, especially Alice the sales agent there.

I think the 2 bedroom for phase 1 is around 300k. Why would the price for phase 3 go up by 100k?
I guess it must be a lot bigger.
Do you think the price will go up by 25% by the time it is built>?

My agent and someone I know from Page & Steele (the architects for this project) said it's because its a highrise (P3) as opposed to a mid-rise (P1 & P2), the lack of competition in the area and the rate of the units are being sold.

I believe buying P1 and P2 are safe bets when they are planning 6 buildings total. The prices will only rise especially when phases are introduced. The mall being renovated/ Target coming in 2015 is an added bonus.

Would the management fee for P3 lower because more people are sharing the site?
But 400k for the smallest 2 bedroom in this location is inrealistic.
They can spend 400k somewhere else with a better location.
I personally hope that price is true because I got a unit in P2.
Since that you know the architects, can you tell me more about the building materials they use in this project?
I always has the feeling that they are going to use some cheap materials.

I always has the feeling that they are going to use some cheap materials.

Judging from what Malibu has built and delivered @ Bathurst & Lake Shore, I wouldn't have much high hopes for 'Celebration' ... go see a Malibu finished unit yourself, that's the best way to judge

Although the title does not identify the other development company, you must take into account Fishman Group as well. It is their first project and what I've been told is that they did not/ will not skimp on the finishes. They have something to prove to the community and this will not be their only project in the GTA.

In terms of building, it's up in the air as different construction companies bid for the job. You may end up with a really good contractor/ sub contractor and you may not. It also depends on the engineers, architects, owners, and city inspectors to uphold whats specified in documents, drawings, and building code.

I was impressed with the 4" laminate, granite counters and some but not all the cabinet finishes. I did not like the washroom floor and bathtub tiles. I will probably upgrade closer to closing.

Back to pricing; if it's 2B 850 sq feet priced at 370k-375k for P3.. that's approx. $435-440psf. I do not believe you can find something similar along the 404 without going into Aurora/ Newmarket. I said close to 400k earlier. We'll just have to wait and see as this is the rumor.

...if it's 2B 850 sq feet priced at 370k-375k for P3.. that's approx. $435-440psf. ...

I heard that they are going to start selling P3 really really soon.
If they are selling at $440/sq ft, then P1 and P2 made money already.
It was like $380/sq ft.
For a 850 sq ft unit, the different = 850 * (440 - 380) = 51k!!!
You made 51k in a few months!

I was about $10-15 psf off for P3, but if you take account the $1000 per floor increase it works out to around $430-$440 psf. Still a good buy IMO, can't find anything close in price near the 404 right in the middle of the GTA and the suburbs for quick access. Should sellout quick! :D.

Back