B.streets Condos (Lindvest) - Real Estate -

The floorplans are useless, what a shame the building is very nice looking and great location but the architects were smoking too much while drawing the layouts. Then again it seems most projects have non-functional layouts. Investors don't care, they don't visualize living in the space just cashing in.

The floorplans are useless, what a shame the building is very nice looking and great location but the architects were smoking too much while drawing the layouts. Then again it seems most projects have non-functional layouts. Investors don't care, they don't visualize living in the space just cashing in.

sadly, you are very right !

unfortunately, a friend of mine who is an architect, bought a 1 bedroom unit there.
it wasn't his ideal layout but the annex area is what attracted him to the project.

at $600 psf it's within the context of current market prices, but hoping he doesn't take a bath on it.

ah but you see one is a function of the other...or at least it should be! (maybe not in this exuberrent market). p.s where did u see the floor plans i looked on their websie and that link is disabled

I'm in the 'cooling off period' after snagging a 1BR+D-2-T unit on the 6th floor. I think it's a great layout at a somewhat reasonable price. Do you guys think the other admittedly impractical plans will pull down the value of the project overall? Or does it really come down to the specific unit. Interested to hear the forum's thoughts on the plan.

I'm in the 'cooling off period' after snagging a 1BR+D-2-T unit on the 6th floor. I think it's a great layout at a somewhat reasonable price. Do you guys think the other admittedly impractical plans will pull down the value of the project overall? Or does it really come down to the specific unit. Interested to hear the forum's thoughts on the plan.

i think it all comes to play.

a poor laid out unit will command less $ psf and could take longer to sell in a bad market.

Purchased a 1br 1-T for $354, 900 today: 489 sq ft with a 111 sq ft terrace. Without parking or locker. What do you guys think about the purchase given the location, other comparable areas and whatnot. Anyone here know what savings were achieved from the VIP or VVIP sales? Am I overpaying for this unit? I have 10 days to cool off. I might move into the unit once complete but otherwise what is the potential as a rental unit? Its a little scary paying that much for that small amount of sq feet but something about the area feels good. What do people think?

Last edited:
that's mighty steep, almost $700psf for liveable space and maybe $50 psf for outdoor area.

i could see you getting between $1250-1500/m + hydro for rent, but that's pushing it.
how much are you putting for down payment, and would the rent cover your expenses ?!?!?
it certainly wouldn't work with 20% dp.

Purchased a 1br 1-T for $354, 900 today: 489 sq ft with a 111 sq ft terrace. Without parking or locker. What do you guys think about the purchase given the location, other comparable areas and whatnot. Anyone here know what savings were achieved from the VIP or VVIP sales? Am I overpaying for this unit? I have 10 days to cool off. I might move into the unit once complete but otherwise what is the potential as a rental unit? Its a little scary paying that much for that small amount of sq feet but something about the area feels good. What do people think?

Thanks for the input cdr108. It is safe to make sure if it is going to be rented that the income covers the monthly overhead but I might be moving there upon completion. Also, I might be putting more than 20% down on the property but my concern and reason why am trying to hear some opinions and gather inputs from on here is to figure out whether the amount is over the top for a condo in that area or if its at least somewhat alright and worth it.

My neighbor purchased a unit at 530 St. Clair condominiums (phase 2 being built) right at St. Clair and Bathurst, and paid $262,000+$30,000 for parking= $292k for a unit on the 11th floor. St. Clair is only 2 major stops away from B.Street condos so am just wondering if this is worth it at all. Or if there is a significant and distinctive difference that sets both neighborhoods/projects apart.

I know B.Streets is in a prime location being in the Annex (minutes from Yorkville, UofT, stores, restuarants,). But do these things that make the two projects differ make the price difference worth it? If I have to add parking which is $50,000 IIRC at B.Streets condo, my total would be about $400,000. The SUBWAY station at bloor is not a factor since 530St. clair project is just as close to St. Clair subway as B.Street is clsoe to bloor subway.

So, that would make it a clear $100,000 difference between my neighbors purchase at 530 st, Clair and mine at B.streets. So, the question is, Is it worth it?

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

Back