Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

From the 17th floor of the Hyatt on King....imagining what this view will look like when Bisha, 357 King, Charlie, King Charlotte, Peter Street Condos and Tableau are complete! (though I think the last two will only be visible from the patio). Manhattan views here we come!

Attachments

• IMG_1894.jpg
    IMG_1894.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 314
I passed by M5V the other day and noticed the entrance had two layers of glass doors rather than the inside one being a beautiful wooden door. I am quite disappointed. This makes the entrance very run of the mill. Not unique at all as it was shown in the renderings. Hopefully they will still plan on adding the iron gate to match many of the alleys on King St W.

Check out the video on the tasdesign website (scroll to the bottom and click "MORE VIDEOS" and find the M5V video that is 53 seconds long) http://www.tasdesignbuild.com

That is a shame. A slight cost in the grand scheme of things that would have added so much. Plus, it is a feature that EVERYONE would see.
What should we do, take up a collection as owners?! (Kidding!...:)

@ Sunlover
I would donate money, for real, to get the entrance looking the way they envisioned it in that video. When builders change things it is always a cheap mundane compromise. Similar to comparing concept cars to final release cars (which are always boring). It would be nice to have a builder actually try harder to be unique and hold aesthetics to a higher standard. Still I should hold my judgement until the whole thing is complete so i can get the whole picture.

I passed by M5V the other day and noticed the entrance had two layers of glass doors rather than the inside one being a beautiful wooden door. I am quite disappointed. This makes the entrance very run of the mill. Not unique at all as it was shown in the renderings. Hopefully they will still plan on adding the iron gate to match many of the alleys on King St W.

Check out the video on the tasdesign website (scroll to the bottom and click "MORE VIDEOS" and find the M5V video that is 53 seconds long) http://www.tasdesignbuild.com
The doors they're using now look like generic temporary doors to me. I've seen nicer doors on fire escapes. Are you sure they aren't waiting until the heavy appliances and equipment are moved in before installing the final doors to avoid damage? Hallway and elevator finishes tend to be done at the last minute, too.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a recent pic to share? Haven't been down in awhile and curious as to see what it has become of lately.

Much Thanks!

The doors they're using now look like generic temporary doors to me. I've seen nicer doors on fire escapes. Are you sure they aren't waiting until the heavy appliances and equipment are moved in before installing the final doors to avoid damage? Hallway and elevator finishes tend to be done at the last minute, too.

Very astute observation and I SO hope you are right!

They look like permanent glass doors to me. The same ones i see on most condos (ex. The Morgan). I would doubt they are temporary because of moving in appliances. Usually appliances/equipment are moved in through loading docks and temporary elevators that are externally used for supplies/equipment during construction. Never would they use the front doors for moving in such things. My gut tells me these are the final doors. :(

Back