Toronto Solaris at Metrogate Condos | ?m | 40s | Tridel | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Is there really much foot traffic in the area for shopping though?

if u build it ....they will come. Seriously, you have 2 x 30+ story buildings at Solaris and another 2 x 30+ buildings in Ventus, plus 50+ townhomes, in addition to a large office building, and a decent Delta Hotel. That's a few thousand people within a small vicinity that would be shopping, dining, and playing. It's a missed opportunity.

I attended a Seminar yesterday evening and was advised by Tridel that occupancy has begun on the lower floors of Solaris 1+2, James Cooper Mansion, and the Avonshire towers A+B ... they expect registration of the condominiums sometime in May/June 2011

Solaris Amenity Photography

New amenity photos uploaded to Tridel's Facebook Fanpage photo gallery.

Main lobby with concierge reception, lounge and flatscreen TV

Solaris-Amenities-01.jpg

Private Screening Theatre

Solaris-Amenities-04.jpg

Party Room

Solaris-Amenities-06.jpg

Fitness Centre

Solaris-Amenities-07.jpg

Rendering-like photography at its finest once again ~ thank TWM

April 14 2011 update

Solaris' exterior is now substantially completed - a look at the rooftop element
IMG_5206.jpg

Click to Enlarge

IMG_5211.jpg

Development Application for 5th + 6th Towers Submitted - they are the 2 towers seen on the far left below

metrogateplan_500.jpg

255 VILLAGE GREEN SQ
Site Plan Approval Application
File #: 11 126062 ESC 40 SA
Received: Feb 14, 2011
Site Plan Approval for Block 7 - Two 35 storey residential condominium towers with 668 units and main floor daycare

A summary of related applications in the Metrogate community:

Solaris 1 @ Metrogate
0 VILLAGE GREEN SQ (aka 125 Village Green Sq)
File #: 10 138813 ESC 40 CD
Received: Mar 24, 2010
Standard Condominium application for 40 storey residential apartment building at 125 Village Green Square with 436 dwelling units (Metrogate, Solaris Phase A).

Solaris 2 @ Metrogate
0 VILLAGE GREEN SQ (aka 135 Village Green Sq)
File #: 10 138817 ESC 40 CD
Received: Mar 24, 2010
Standard Condominium application for 40 storey, residential apartment building at 135 Village Green Square (Metrogate, Solaris Phase B) with 454 dwelling units and a daycare facility.

Ventus 1+2 @ Metrogate
151 VILLAGE GREEN SQ
File #: 09 183065 ESC 40 SA
Received: Oct 28, 2009
Site Plan application for Ventus I & II proposing 603 residential condominium apartment units in two 30 storey towers. Second phase of Metrogate project. (Block 2)

Metrogate Townhomes
295 VILLAGE GREEN SQ
Received: Oct 27, 2009
76, three storey back-to-back townhouses on Block 4 and part of Block 5 in the Metrogate Subdivision (Plan 66M-2460).

181 VILLAGE GREEN SQ
Draft Plan of Condominium
File #: 10 135023 ESC 40 CD
Received; Mar 19, 2010
Freehold Phased Condominium development for 76 Townhouse Units

Tridel ... Quality Construction huh?

While I am quite happy how Solaris turned out on the exterior and in the lobby (as seen in TWM's photos), I am very much disappointed by Tridel on how it cheaped out on the (non lobby) interiors ... see for yourself how basic it looks inside.

Elevator 'Lobby' on a typical floor - ritzy looking isn't it ?
IMG_5330.jpg

Typical floor hallway - ceiling lights not even provided, I had to overexpose to capture this photo
IMG_5329.jpg

Suite Entrance - Never thought Tridel would just do a basic door + frame without any accent treatment nor wall scones/potlight (cheap & bare just like Daniels)
IMG_5331.jpg

Whereas in other condos I typically see:
Click to Enlarge
n20381719.jpg

What does this say about Tridel ? defintiely not high quality design ... so much for reputation ... buyers beware :mad:

The only redeeming factor is the open vistas from Solaris:

Last edited:
Meh...it doesn't look that bad to me. If that's your only issue with a condo then I'd say you're in good shape.

there's other issues too ... but more in-suite finishing matters that are not worthwhile discussing in this forum (ie: likely more for the real estate thread)

A construction trades @ Solaris took those photos so I'm not sure ~

Back