Toronto DNA3 | ?m | 15s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Seriously, that area needs it badly, west of Dufferin. That whole grimy, sketchy retail strip on the north side needs to be dynamited, not to mention the awful, suburban drive-thru McDonald's on the south side.

And replaced with unaffordable schlock? I live in a 1930's plaza in said strip (well, just down from it), and I'd rather have a place to live rather than look at renderings of a "Rain room".

Not that the area doesn't need a little help. Well - its the residents that need the help. Just remember that when you say a strip should be dynamited, you're actually proposing to dynamite the lives of everyone who lives there.

Will unit owners of DNA phase 1 & 2 have access to DNA 3 amenities???, b/c they are much better! pls respond.

no, and why should they, unless DNA 1 & 2 are willing to pay $0.50 psf maintenance vs. their no-frills amenities and $0.30 psf.

that's part of the reason why DNA 1 & 2 are re-selling for $550-600 PSF

Passed by this area recently and noticed that the sales office seems closed..wonder if they are ready to build, also a bit off topic, i noticed that Priestly is demolishing that cute old warehouse building (Toronto Business Development Centre) across the street and west of this future development site. Shame :mad:

Last edited:
Passed by this area recently and noticed that the sales office seems closed..wonder if they are ready to build, also a bit off topic, i noticed that Priestly is demolishing that cute old warehouse building (Toronto Business Development Centre) across the street and west of this future development site. Shame :mad:

considering they don't have the required permits or zoning variance from the city to build here yet, not likely.

there was a recent news story about neighbourhood opposition to the sheer size of the project.

I don't find TBDC building all that special. It is also surrounded by surface parking. I think the office tower once/still planned for the site would be a more appropriate scale for the neighbourhood

I don't find TBDC building all that special. It is also surrounded by surface parking. I think the office tower once/still planned for the site would be a more appropriate scale for the neighbourhood

There is worst that they have declared heritage......
Torontobuissnesdevelopmentcentre.jpg

Point being that the City missed the deadline to respond to the latest proposal, so Canderel has appealed the objections to the OMB, and all that Community Council will be voting on now is whether to oppose the current plan at the OMB.

from @talkcondo twitter feed, posted yesterday.....

DNA3 approved for 70 new units - 13th & 14th floor finally approved!! VIP sales details coming soon

It's interesting, and kinda sad, how much architects in the city are relying on balcony treatments to add interest to otherwise uninspired buildings. This is an example at a small scale, and of course One Bloor is the biggest.
This is more than just oddly shaped balconies though. I can't really say more, but what is currently rendered as frosted glass may in fact be more than just simply contrasting between frosted vs clear.

This is good in-fill. No need for an 'icon' here, necessarily, imo.
Agreed. Balcony treatments are a bit of a trick being used, but when you compare with the hundreds of slabs and squares out there with simple balconies, some variation is a good thing. Most building simply don't need to be inspired architectural home runs. ,

Back