News   May 29, 2024
 838     6 
News   May 29, 2024
 2.3K     7 
News   May 29, 2024
 527     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

But, in the end, one have to remember...when viewing the bigger picture, I'm not doing so with pretensions of serving on council. I'm trying to look beyond that, at an overriding scan of affairs. And in so doing, it might actually help to be a little bit cold--the lack of personal electoral pretension might, indeed, be a liberator of perspective. Otherwise, what you're doing is like flinging yahoo lobs at political scientists or social anthropologists along the lines of "you're losers, you'll never get elected". That's terribly...parochial. It's like the natives throwing rocks at the sociologists. So, if you're hurt, it isn't like you shouldn't be--and in its way, what I'm saying may hurt me at least as much as it hurts you.
Nah, and in fact, I dare say I'm somewhat amused this time around.

Ironically, I work in academia, so I see this sort of stuff all the time. Let's just say it doesn't get a lot of respect in the real world.

I am not joking, Tamils came out huge for Ford.

If you think it was only crazy old white guys, you are dead wrong..

You guys downtown don't see this stuff...

Just looking at the result.

Well that's unfortunate.

How long before Rob Ford makes Toronto a world laughing stock?

I'm off to hit the whiskey.

And fiddle while Rome burns.

Hopefully this will make all the gay-hating, gridlock-loving NIMBYs happy.

I don't think Ford will become some silly guy who will be gone in a year or two.

Expect him to become more moderate and his Brother (who is like Jeb Bush, the Smart one), I think will restrain him and left at council is still very strong and Adman Vaughan already on City TV looks to be his opposition.

If Ford goes a bit moderate he can easily get council support and stay rather popular like Mayor Lastman, which you guys hate so much.

So, downtown people will hate on him, however it appears the suburbs have won this battle lol.

Given that Ford supporters were advertising that you should vote for Ford because he wasn't gay, does this make Tamils bigots?

I will say that some Indians do not like George because he is gay, that is bad and unfortunate, but I bet many voted against Ford thinking very stupid things as well.

the fact many of the left dismissed Ford as a joke and the people who voted for him are idiots, just show how disconnected they have become with many parts of the city.

I think this elitist attitude from many against Ford, and the people who believed his message, energized his support and they came out in epic numbers , while Smitterman support was not very strong at all.

Last edited:
Vaughan will be the guy running things for the council left in a month, two months tops. Ford better get start learning some moderation or he's gonna end up becoming a joke himself. And memo to Torontonians who voted for Ford from a suburb dweller - have you fucknuts forgotten what happened when Ontario replaced Bob Rae with Mike Harris? Evidently, you have. Just as long as you don't elect Hudak next year and fuck us up twice, we'll let this slide.

Given that Ford supporters were advertising that you should vote for Ford because he wasn't gay, does this make Tamils bigots?
The ones that created that ad, and the ones voted for him because of that ad? Yes, at least to a certain extent.

So, downtown people will hate on him, however it appears the suburbs have won this battle lol.
Nah, the City of Toronto has won the battle for Ford. With nearly half the vote, it can't be as simple as the burbs vs the core.

the fact many of the left dismissed Ford as a joke and the people who voted for him are idiots, just show how disconnected they have become with many parts of the city.

I think this elitist attitude from many against Ford and people who believed his message really energized his support and they came out in epic numbers
Indeed. This was well reflected in the perceived conniptions in the centre and centre-left media prior to the election. Since the election the media has been more neutral, but I wonder what will be printed in the next few days.

Also, Good Job for Vaughan for picking Maurizio Bevilacqua, that man will transform Vaughan and is a super strong Leader.
Susan in Brampton easily wins again, John Gray is defeated in Oshawa and the new guy seems to be like Ford.

What do you think of these candidates, and how they can help the GTA function together? I personally voted against Susan, she's great but too anti-green space

Vaughan will be the guy running things for the council left in a month, two months tops. Ford better get start learning some moderation or he's gonna end up becoming a joke himself. And memo to Torontonians who voted for Ford from a suburb dweller - have you fucknuts forgotten what happened when Ontario replaced Bob Rae with Mike Harris? Evidently, you have. Just as long as you don't elect Hudak next year and fuck us up twice, we'll let this slide.

Our buddy McGuinty will lose in 2011.

Which is why transit city will be gone.

Just as long as you don't elect Hudak next year and fuck us up twice, we'll let this slide.

what are you going to do, yell from your Ivory Towers???

Lol Joking,

I am sorry I hate Mike Harris but I will not not vote for Dalton ever again. I want him gone...

Last edited:
Come on fitzy, you can do better than that. Based on your belief that all Ford voters are bigots, why don't you answer your own question? Don't chicken out now.

What do you think of these candidates, and how they can help the GTA function together? I personally voted against Susan, she's great but too anti-green space

I think the other candidates in Brampton don't care about minorities and that is why Susan won, she had support from the Indians. You will not get new great ideas from her, but you get a stable well run govt.

The result in Vaughan is great and the overwhelming result for Bevilacqua gives him the mandate to really clean up that place. He seems like a very strong confident leader and I think in 10 years we will think differently about how Vaughan is governed.

Also thank God the people in the Beaches threw Bussin out of office. She is the textbook example of what is wrong with politicians today.

Our buddy McGuinty will lose in 2011.

Which is why transit city will be gone.

I'm not 100% certain about that. Hudak can say all he likes, but if he wants votes in the GTA he can't do that while scraping Transit proposals, which are largely McGuinty's doing. Hudak will be the same as Ford here - let it go on, focus on something else. In Hudak's case, that'll be the HST, hydro bills, education costs and the like. There is nothing to gain in killing a project that will already be well under construction by the time he gets into the Premier's office. Harris learned that lesson the hard way in 1995.

what are you going to do, yell from your Ivory Towers???

Lol Joking,

I am sorry I hate Mike Harris but I will not not vote for Dalton ever again. I want him gone...

Ivory Towers? *laughs* Man, I live in a small house in a middle-class Oshawa neighborhood. F--k that. :D

As for Dalton, I want him gone too, but Hudak is a Harris clone, and we don't need that slur-uttering idiot or any reincarnation of him back again. If I was the NDP, I'd be out campaigning hard again on some of the things Rae proposed. Between unpopular McGuinty and hard-line Hudak, we could see 1990 all over again, with Andrea Horwath being the premier. (Wouldn't THAT drive Harper in Ottawa and Hudak in Toronto nuts!)

Back