News   May 28, 2024
 444     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 500     0 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

It's unreliable as hell, but in reality a small Ford lead will rally the ABF forces. Just like a small Smitherman lead will rally the Ford forces.

How late will we be staying up on Monday before we get a difinitive result?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the candidates calls for a recount.

Editorial in the morning...

EDIT: Here it is.

Exerpted comment:

NNo wonder this newspaper has never turned a profit, even a dime, and has never found a niche, a market, readership or relevance. Ford and the National Post deserve each other, both bloated pigs with no relevance, no brainpower, no imagination and, most importantly, no actual insight into what makes this city work.

Exerpted comment:

NNo wonder this newspaper has never turned a profit, even a dime, and has never found a niche, a market, readership or relevance. Ford and the National Post deserve each other, both bloated pigs with no relevance, no brainpower, no imagination and, most importantly, no actual insight into what makes this city work.

Conrad Black is the founder of the National Post. Hmmm...

A new poll is coming out today. I'm crossing my fingers for a result that matches the 2 previous polls before the one by EKOS. A good 30/30 split will allow me to chill out until Monday. I'm totally exhausted by this campaign.

Thursday's Scarborough Mirror has endorsement editorial for Smitherman. I thought it was a well balanced take on the candidates. Not sure how the mirror is received by most of Scarborough's citizens.

A couple of UT members and I are going to be distributing this flyer all over the city. We could use your help in getting it as widespread as possible before Monday.

In recent polls, it was shown that Transit is still the most important issue to people.

When we pit transit plans by Ford VS Smitherman, most people don't hesitate and choose Smitherman's. I've found showing this to undecided voters to be very effective.

Toronto_Transit_2020.jpg

Click here to get the Hi-Res PDF. - http://www.litterbusters.com/Toronto_Transit_2020.pdf.

Please pass it on.

Thought that was nicely written actually. Maybe Ashton's second life as a columnist will be fruitful. 'The guy who yells fire isn't the best fireman' is a nice line.

So just because he used the outmoded term "oriental" to describe Asians and a poor choice of words to describe their very strong work ethic ("they work like dogs") this makes him a racist? Is that all you have on Ford to prove he is a "racist"?
If outmoded terms are considered racist, what about these guys....?

United Negro College Fund
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (government ministry)
Faculty of Oriental Studies, Queens University

Do you also tell them how Smithers will pay for all this? Besides, I thought the air rail link, Sheppard LRT/Finch LRT were existing projects? I can see most of those lines being delayed by several years.

Smitherman's plan takes existing projects and adds to them in small ways, for the most part. Things like pushing for the air-rail link to include local stops, the LRT along the eastern waterfront to the Portlands, the Sheppard West extension and an extension of the B-D line to Sherway are all small enough capital projects they could feasibly be funded by the city alone through asset sales/strategic debt or in partnership with the provincial and/or federal government over the next decade.

The 'Scarborough Subway' piece is the only bit that I see as really unlikely. It'll end up as LRT.

Do you also tell them how Smithers will pay for all this? Besides, I thought the air rail link, Sheppard LRT/Finch LRT were existing projects? I can see most of those lines being delayed by several years.

Smitherman will pay for all this by staying on plan. The City, the Province, TTC and Metrolinx are all onboard.

Rob Ford on the other hand is planning to cancel everything and then build a subway to Scarborough not supported by any of the stakeholders and using money that isn't intended for Toronto.

Now who's plan is more realistic?

And I don't believe Smitherman's promised tax freeze for a minute. It can't be done without large scale cuts to the budget - cuts which far exceed those proposed by Ford. Smitherman is a Dalton McGuinty big spend Liberal who says anything to get elected and will lie at the first opportunity.He doesn't have a credible financial background or experience in municipal governance. His ego, arrogance temper and lack of leadership should be a concern for everyone. At least the Sun is offering an unbiased editorial versus the Stars one sided reporting and attack on Ford. However, what none of the media have done is investigate Smithermans closet for those skeletons which we know are there. Rob Fords plans may not add up, but what politician does put up a plan that works sucessfuly? At least with Ford in office I can be assured that my money will not get wasted no matter what his plan is.

Back