News   May 03, 2024
 103     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 850     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 244     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

New construction pictures.

Looking east towards the 403/410 interchange. It looks as if they're building a new highway beside the 401. My assumption is that the directions of traffic will shift once complete to maintain the collector/express configuration.
800px-401-403-410_and_Construction_crop.png

Looking west towards Highway 10/Hurontario Street. A new basketweave bridge can be seen under construction as well.
800px-New_Basketweave.png

With all the roadwork going on right now, this is certainly the most grandiose project.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the estimated completion date on this phase?

It'll take some getting used to once it opens!

I drive 401-410 everyday everyday and it looks like they're making good progress. I was looking at the MTO site to see if there's any plans for completing the 401-403-410 interchange, but there is nothing.

As of the 2010 update, http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/pu...thern-highway-2010/southern-highways-2010.pdf, on page 53, future southern Ontario projects, the only area projects are "401 - Mississauga to Milton" and "410 - 401 to Bovaird". Doesn't sound like there's any interchange work planned :(

What are the benefits of completing the 401-403-410 interchange? 403 is an east-west route like the 401, so hooking them up would result in a 180 degree turn.

Also those connections are actually built... in Woodstock. :p

What are the benefits of completing the 401-403-410 interchange? 403 is an east-west route like the 401, so hooking them up would result in a 180 degree turn.
If your heading from the west, and want to head south to somewhere on/near Cawthra (or 403/Eglinton), then the interchange would be very useful, in my experience. Remember that the 403 runs over 3 km south before turning back to the west.

That and it would provide access to Mississauga City Centre for people driving in from the west on the 401 East.

... no ... Mavis and Hurontario provide access. The 403 would be too far east, unless you drove miles out of the way.

Trust me, people would do it. I know people who live at Mavis and take the 401 to Hurontario to go to the AMC.

If true, that would be justification for NOT building the ramp! Hard to believe anyone who is local is actually that stupid though.

If true? I'm telling you it's true. People are more than willing to take the 401 from one interchange to the next. I know these kinds of people personally.

If true? I'm telling you it's true. People are more than willing to take the 401 from one interchange to the next. I know these kinds of people personally.
if it saves time, I could see it (and perhaps it would if you are on the right place on Mavis), but if you have to double back half the distance, and doesn't save time, it's pretty bizarre. Oh hang on .. AMC on Courtney Park? I was thinking the cinema on Rathburn about half-way between Mavis and Hurontario ... still rather odd though ... though not quite as completely bizarre.

if it saves time, I could see it (and perhaps it would if you are on the right place on Mavis), but if you have to double back half the distance, and doesn't save time, it's pretty bizarre. Oh hang on .. AMC on Courtney Park? I was thinking the cinema on Rathburn about half-way between Mavis and Hurontario ... still rather odd though ... though not quite as completely bizarre.

LOL yes AMC Courtneypark. The only one in the area and the only one in Mississauga. And yes my friends who do this live just off Bancroft so Mavis is just around the corner. It can save some time, depending on the time of day. Rush hour though, forget about it. I take the 401 from Mavis to the 410 every morning and I wouldn't do it for just the one interchange. I do it to get to 410 north which moves at a decent clip in the morning

Back