Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

How expensive Number One Bloor?

The starting price of smallest sized one bed room (500 sqf) from the lowest floor is $350,000. That translates to $700 per sqf, sound reasonable.

Real estate agents have been selling this to wealthy investor types for past 4-6 weeks. Most of the units are spoken for.

seriously, without a rendering? there is no way that any group of realtors could have restrained themselves from posting this 'exclusive' info online.....or maybe people are buying without a rendering?? :confused:

I've met my share of stupid agents but you'd have to be pretty darn stupid to post a rendering online. It would mean immediate termination, a license revoked, and possibly lawsuit for what? I'm willing to bet one brokerage is handling all the sales.

I've met my share of stupid agents but you'd have to be pretty darn stupid to post a rendering online. It would mean immediate termination, a license revoked, and possibly lawsuit for what? I'm willing to bet one brokerage is handling all the sales.

are you suggesting that a customer's agreement of purchase and sale would be terminated if their agent divulged the rendering to the public? I find that to be highly unlikely, legally speaking. How could a purchaser be held responsible for the actions of a third party?

License revoked? what are you smoking? there is no builder out there that I am aware of, and I have been in the industry longer than some of you have been alive, who has such a punitive confidentiality clause in their contracts...and there is no way that OREA would back such an action....your post is amateur, and frankly, ludicrous.....

are you suggesting that a customer's agreement of purchase and sale would be terminated if their agent divulged the rendering to the public? I find that to be highly unlikely, legally speaking. How could a purchaser be held responsible for the actions of a third party?

I think he meant termination of employment.

seriously, without a rendering? there is no way that any group of realtors could have restrained themselves from posting this 'exclusive' info online.....or maybe people are buying without a rendering?? :confused:

Why would a rendering be that important for investors making purchase decisions?

Location, floorplans, $psf, amenities, finishes, upgrades and other details etc are important, but a rendering ranks pretty low on the priority list for investors and some end-users as well.

Real estate agents have been selling this to wealthy investor types for past 4-6 weeks. Most of the units are spoken for.

And i truly find it hard to believe that none of these wealthy investors, including family, friends, real estate agents, and loan officers, have yet to spill the beans on the design of their investment.:rolleyes:

Why would a rendering be that important for investors making purchase decisions?

Location, floorplans, $psf, amenities, finishes, upgrades and other details etc are important, but a rendering ranks pretty low on the priority list for investors and some end-users as well.

All true - I have personally been involved with overseas purchasers who bought off a floor plan, and never saw the finished product....but there was always a render...never heard of actual sales without one....it's human nature, people want to have at least an idea of what they are getting....

All true - I have personally been involved with overseas purchasers who bought off a floor plan, and never saw the finished product....but there was always a render...never heard of actual sales without one....it's human nature, people want to have at least an idea of what they are getting....

I agree completely... I'm just suggesting that a rendering isn't necessary and isn't really that important to most investors. The debate and relative importance of renderings seem to have been over-inflated in discussions on this website compared to the real world.... all that said I haven't heard of any sales yet taking place with this project.

License revoked? what are you smoking? there is no builder out there that I am aware of, and I have been in the industry longer than some of you have been alive, who has such a punitive confidentiality clause in their contracts...and there is no way that OREA would back such an action....your post is amateur, and frankly, ludicrous.....

No, your post is amateur. There are drawings about, and the bidding process is underway for various tenders, but the drawings are all private and copyrighted, with clear instructions that they remain the property of the developer and are not to be distributed without prior authorization. Those instructions are standard to pretty much any drawing I've ever seen. I'm not sure which "licenses" would be revoked and by whom, but certainly any firm that didn't respect the copyrights on the prints would be looked upon disfavourably during future negotiations (if they were even to be invited to bid)

I understand what you are saying, whatever....but the discussion was about realtors, specifically....you are talking about processes which are way before sales get underway......

Good to hear that there is progress behind the scenes.........

Oh, well then, my apologies. Your post (the one I quoted), specifically said "there is no builderout there that I am aware of ... who has such a punitive confidentiality clause in their contracts" (emphasis mine). My mistake for construing "builder" to mean builder and not realtor.

now, there you go, whatever, I give you a perfectly reasonable response, and you reply with a smartass remark....please read back to urbandreamer's post #333.....I think even you will be able to understand the context of this entire conversation, which stemmed from post #333 - it was about realtors supposedly having already sold units of One Bloor E - I expressed an opinion that it was unusual for sales to be taking place without even a rendering. Then, having had some interaction with a couple of thousand realtors over the years, and knowing many of them fairly well, expressed the thought that it was unlikely that any agent could stop the urge to share a rendering if they had one available....then comments were made concerning confidentiality between the builder, Great Gulf Homes, and the real estate agents.....we weren't talking about architects, or tenders for construction...

So can you see the context of this? we were talking about Great Gulf and its interaction with real estate agents.....got it???

Back