Southcore Financial Ctr: PricewaterhouseCoopers Tower (18 York St, bcIMC, 26s, KPMB)

Nope. It was flat all around the site. They did have one of those large, caterpillar-mounted jackhammers so they may be going down further.

Actually it looked to me the other day as though they were digging a shallow 'trench' around the edge of the flat bottom - at least on the east side. This leads me to think they are at the bottom of the excavation as these 'trenches' usually seem to be built just under the side walls.(To offer a better foundation?)

Nice, big, juicy render. I don't think one of this clarity has been posted yet...

18YorkR2.jpg

Such a nice building. It's funny that they haven't converted to an acronym yet. PWC, instead of their long name, like most other companies.

Such a nice building. It's funny that they haven't converted to an acronym yet. PWC, instead of their long name, like most other companies.

It seems plain to me ... the building that is. As a result everything will be in the details, if the glass and finishes are equidistant it'll turn out well. Otherwise, not so much.

There wont be much to see of this building after they build the 31 storey proposed office building directly south of this, plus dont forget the two Ice Towers. One day this area will be a good mix of office/residential, maybe even a hotel.

It seems plain to me ... the building that is. As a result everything will be in the details, if the glass and finishes are equidistant it'll turn out well. Otherwise, not so much.

It is plain. It's clean lines, and simplicity is what makes it attractive.

PWC windows do not tilt like Ritz

Thanks for the rendering ProjectEnd ~

To avoid future confusion, please note that the curtain wall on the PWC tower will not be tilting out at an angle otherwise suggested by the rendering (unlike Ritz-Carlton) ... it is simply a persective distortion (intentional??)

just trying to save some grief later as experienced with the RBC Tower

I can't remember who did those renderings of what the area will look like in the future, but it will be interesting to take real-life photos as time goes by from the angles used in those renders so that we can see how it takes shape and will take shape.

You took the words right out of my mouth Khristopher, they are excavating at lightning speed. Hopefully they will not waste time and get this up in air sooner then later. Does anyone have an idea of how many levels they are going underground?

Back