Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

thats some nice lense you've got there CSW2424 ~

thanks for the great shots (together for all the other projects) :)

Air Canada Centre reno:

3183374876_80e68aafb6_b.jpg

3183376258_ab109e19d6_b.jpg

Does anybody know what's going behind that glass on the ACC? Right now, it's a dark glass with an ugly backing visible underneath.

As far as I know, on that side of the building they are making the atrium area. The Smirnoff bar is closed off to one side and if not for the hoarding they put up, it would be facing the elements.I think there is a new staircase going in along with levels on the Platinum level and 300.

Judging by the width of the sidewalks, I wonder if they will end up closing off the road during certain times like when there are games. With the large amount of people going to and from the games, bars at MLS, etc the sidewalks might not be wide enough to have so many people leave the vicinity after the games. I think people would start spreading to stand or walk along the street.

Does anybody know what's going behind that glass on the ACC? Right now, it's a dark glass with an ugly backing visible underneath.

I'm pretty sure that the ugly backing is temporary drywall to keep the weather out of the ACC. Once the glass is finished, it should be taken down.

It's nice how the glass on the ACC extension looks exactly like the MLS glass. They did a great job of fitting it all in! :D

I'm pretty sure that the ugly backing is temporary drywall to keep the weather out of the ACC. Once the glass is finished, it should be taken down.

Ah yes. That makes perfect sense. That glass will have a view into the new extension. I get it.

richard peddie, ceo of mlse, has stated that the raptors are aggressively seeking to host either the 2011 or 2012 NBA all-star game. toronto is one of the few cities to have never hosted one.

whether you dig the raptors or not, this is great news for mlse and the city! the acc, after its renovation, will be the perfect venue to host such a big event. the new square will also play a big role, i'm assuming. by then, the towers will be done, and the hotels and restaurants will certainly be booming.

the all-star game is a great way to showcase the city. it will attract tons of tourists and international media coverage.

i can just imagine the epic helicopter shots of our city's new skyline and waterfront. finger's crossed!

richard peddie, ceo of mlse, has stated that the raptors are aggressively seeking to host either the 2011 or 2012 NBA all-star game. toronto is one of the few cities to have never hosted one.

whether you dig the raptors or not, this is great news for mlse and the city! the acc, after its renovation, will be the perfect venue to host such a big event. the new square will also play a big role, i'm assuming. by then, the towers will be done, and the hotels and restaurants will certainly be booming.

the all-star game is a great way to showcase the city. it will attract tons of tourists and international media coverage.

i can just imagine the epic helicopter shots of our city's new skyline and waterfront. finger's crossed!

+1

I went to the NHL All-Star game at the ACC in 2000 just after it was built. It was such a great atmosphere and did bring a lot of coverage to the newly built ACC! I hope we do get the NBA all-star game!

+1

I went to the NHL All-Star game at the ACC in 2000 just after it was built. It was such a great atmosphere and did bring a lot of coverage to the newly built ACC! I hope we do get the NBA all-star game!

The NHL is a relatively tiny league compared to the NBA. Imagine the NHL all star game x 10...

The NHL is a relatively tiny league compared to the NBA. Imagine the NHL all star game x 10...

Ya, in Phoenix. You seriously think an NBA All-Star game would be 10x bigger than the NHL All-Star game in Toronto? Sure, the NBA all-star festivities would give Toronto a lot more exposure to the States on TV and other media, but I doubt the atmosphere around the ACC would be that much greater than at a NHL all-star game/week. The NBA all-star game is held around the middle of February, which is normally a pretty cold time of year in Toronto, not the greatest time of the year to hold a bunch of outdoor festivities for a sport I consider a summer/warmer sport.

The NBA has higher revenues and incomes than the NHL, but average attendance is about the same.
Professional sports revenue statistics

Ya, in Phoenix. You seriously think an NBA All-Star game would be 10x bigger than the NHL All-Star game in [/URL]

As an equal parts Raps fan and Leafs fan (I'm very ashamed of all of them... to mention my third half - Jays fan), I have to agree that the party would be similar in Toronto. However, the global (ie American) exposure that the NBA allstar game would give Toronto would be 10X bigger. The major networks, major papers and all press would be here to cover the event. From the helicopter's perspective, they'd totally do a fly by shot of our skyline, etc. I think it would look amazing.

Locally, nothing would change.

I'm gonna have to agree. It's not just the American exposure, but NBA also has more international exposure, especially if Yao Ming is in the All-Star event. That's an automatic 100M+ viewers. Plus viewers prefer NBA All-Star over NHL All-Star because of the popularity of slam-dunk competition. I love hockey, but honestly, NHL All-Star weekend is nothing more than a snooze-fest as it doesn't contain elements that make hockey entertaining (hits, checks, powerplays, general in-your-face hockey).

Back