Toronto Luna at Concord CityPlace | 125.88m | 38s | Concord Adex | Core Architects

Who knows if they'll ever put the ROW along this street to connect to Fleet St, as is/was the plan.

It has never been the plan to connect Bremner to Fleet: not directly anyway. Bremner west of Spadina will be called Fort York Boulevard and will connect with the existing portion of that street at Bathurst. It continues west, and then south, and intersects with Fleet.

It has never been the plan to connect Bremner to Fleet: not directly anyway. Bremner west of Spadina will be called Fort York Boulevard and will connect with the existing portion of that street at Bathurst. It continues west, and then south, and intersects with Fleet.

That's what I meant. Fort York Blvd (West of Spadina) ROW will connect with Bathurst ROW (currently under construction) to connect with Fleet ROW. Either way, it is disapointing that they are not building the ROW concurrently with the development. Given the (long, ongoing) Union loop reconstruction, the ACC retrofit, and everything along Bremner from ACC to Spadina, it seems like now is the best time to build the ROW from Union to Bathurst. If they could have coordinated this, then it would have minimized the impact to the neighbourhood and reinforced transit-usage among new residents. A major tenent of Transit-Oriented Develop, and I realize that this neighbourhood isn't TOD, is for the transit option to be available when the units go on line. It is a miss opportunity, especially if the plan is to go back and build the ROW "in the future".

It is a miss opportunity, especially if the plan is to go back and build the ROW "in the future".

It seems in Toronto they build first and plan later.Look at all the development around the vicinity of the Gardiner Expy. at one time the Gardiner could have been buried with most projects building above.

How is this being built so quickly? It seems like it went from zero to 30 storeys before some others even got their pit dug out.

I guess it helps that Cityplace uses pretty much the same materials in all their buildings

They began excavation for this and Parade in unison, back when Montage was still being excavated, I believe, so it's had a big head start. The excavation itself must have also been significantly easier than other projects in general since they really only had to dig out space for three walls while the fourth wall facing the tracks is already fully exposed.

That, plus this project hasn't been receiving the same wealth of coverage as in threads for other projects.

Still, it does seem to have risen extremely fast.

Here's a pic I took tonight with my new wide angle lens while it was snowing. The other cranes off in the distance are for Freed's 75 Portland and 550 Wellington (Thompson Hotel + condos).

canonpics543ps0.jpg

And in case you were wondering what the view looks like from where those Freed cranes are standing, here it is:

canonpics539pj6.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pic I took tonight with my new wide angle lens while it was snowing. The other cranes off in the distance are for Freed's 75 Portland and 550 Wellington (Thompson Hotel + condos).

canonpics543ps0.jpg

Wow ... that mess of streetcar wires is just beautiful! They look best with a little sprinkle of snow on them.

Entering the city via the Gardiner yesterday (I had been in Waterloo for the day) I couldn't believe how tall Luna is next to Montage. It was shocking.

The effect was heightened even further by the fact that it was so snowy. When the city is snowy or misty, buildings look even taller because you can't see their immediate (tall) surroundings to compare them to. :) It was stunning, and I won't forget it soon. Luna looked amazing.

Luna has some interesting advertising for Concord Adex going on. Instead of hanging those blue banners or logos on concrete forms, there's a glowing blue C in one of the west-facing units.

Back