News   Apr 26, 2024
 830     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 750     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Er, regarding emphasizing the vertical, don't forget TD's applied I-beam mullions *ahem* *ahem*

It looks rather squat, no? I have to admit that the fins are rather underwhelming and probably should have just been left off- they are to short to matter architecturally, but are tall enough that you know they are too short..

p5

FCP would be a fine looking building if they just re-clad the damn thing with white granite.

cartoon_skyscraper1.jpg

Proportionate fins that could have been:

dec910js7.jpg

Living Shangri-La, Vancouver. Courtesy of capricorn2000 on SCC.

Apologies. My last post on the fins. Promise.

I like the final fins used as long as they hide the mechanicals on the top of the tower.

Edit: Fins, fins, fins.

there sure has been alot of talk about the fins.

i agree, they are very reserved, but really, would taller fins truly enhance this building significantly? the whole building is overly conservative and plain. elegant, but i feel, incomplete.

i like the glass curtain movement but i can't wait for the next architectural shift in style.

regarding the shangri-la in vancouver, its a pretty underwhelming building. considering it is also the tallest building in that city, i dont think it does a very good job promoting itself.

hopefully toronto's shangri-la will has a more dynamic treatment with its glass. i also really hope the green roof is prominent.

If they didn't indent the corners, this could win an award for most unimaginable, bland, boring building ever. Good density though. Thanks for the pics.

In real life, the size helps, but in pictures like these, it's just boring.

Back