News   May 17, 2024
 2.3K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Great shots Wylie!

please go all the way up.......... it changes exactly like the cn tower........... i wonder what it would look like if the lighting went all the way up and they matched the colours with the cn tower. then they could be the same colours at the same time..... that would look cool:D:D

See this is what's so hard about things like this:

They throw us a bone but we want so much more. I have a bad feeling this won't go all the way up but figures crossed!

I'll bet money that it will not only go all the way up the tower but also be synchronized with the lantern ;)

Sure, how much? :)

not only will the LED go all the way to the top..

I have a feeling 3D might be on to something with the entire Mechanical floor being lit at night in addition to the lantern.

What about a red version of that LED paired with a temperature indicator? That'll do public clocks and weather beacons one better

And have the red "mercury" go up so high to reflect various temperatures? It would be kind of cute, but then you'd only have the lighting go up part way. If they were going to do something so practical I'd rather see the tubes running the whole height of the tower and covering a spectrum from red to blue to reflect different temperatures.

Of course to go all out what I'd really like to see would be RBC colour co-ordinate with the CN Tower, so that when the CN Tower puts up certain colour combinations for special events RBC does the same.

The colour of the LEDs could indicate the volume of charge card transactions currently being processed.

Too bad there's only one column of LED. Here's the AIG Tower in Hong Kong with multiple LED columns...

2163276392_6fdf7e98ed_b.jpg

I should really quit going to HK in November (though they already had tons of Xmas lights already up along the streets), but rather go in December as I've missed those Xmas light decorations on the towers every year the past 4 years!

Back to RBC, unfortunately, I have a strong feeling that those LEDs are going to stop where they currently are.

Back