Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

It needs a bit of redesign at the base. Get rid of the indentation on the south side and broaden the base a little. It looks a bit top heavy like it's going to fall over.

You're basing that on the crude photoshop right? Keep in mind that the new design adds elements to the base. I like it.

Getting rid of the indentation? That's my favorite part!

ltowerday02bly4.jpg

... to be fair to the complainers, I did love that circular window *sigh*

Nonetheless, I'm very happy that the tower will still have the same effect on the skyline.

You're basing that on the crude photoshop right? Keep in mind that the new design adds elements to the base. I like it.

Getting rid of the indentation? That's my favorite part!

ltowerday02bly4.jpg

... to be fair to the complainers, I did love that circular window *sigh*

Nonetheless, I'm very happy that the tower will still have the same effect on the skyline.

Yes, the indentation looks better from that rendering, I've never seen it from that angle before. But once you take away the boot the base will still need a bit of work to make the whole building more appealing.

I think it looks like a vacuum cleaner now. But I like it a million times more than that ugly disco boot.

Yes, the indentation looks better from that rendering, I've never seen it from that angle before. But once you take away the boot the base will still need a bit of work to make the whole building more appealing.

There's something really "grand cathedral" about that indentation. It's beautiful.

From that perspective you can see that the previous boot also had a longer wall along that sidewalk incline, making it dark and non descript. The new podium opens the sidewalk into the public square making the base of the building more animated with people.

The good news for O'Keefe lovers is that this might just be the prelude to L's cancellation.

The bad news is that this might just be the prelude to O'Keefe's demolition, for lack of alternate solutions...

My favorite part of the L was the big circular area. Now that it's gone, I just don't feel its much of a landmark anymore. Would be nice if they moved that fancy circle to the other side of the extension.

Honestly I don't care - I just want this project to start already ... it's been so long. I wonder if they have all their permits.

what's the % sold?

Over 85% under the old design - the new units will obviously lower that figure.

taal said:
Honestly I don't care - I just want this project to start already ... it's been so long. I wonder if they have all their permits.

Permits aren't required until the building approaches the construction stage... and this particular project isn't that far advanced in the development process.

I still dont see how something build in the 60s can be classified as a heritage building.I guess only in Toronto.

Unfortunately, that is precisely why alot of mid-century mod buildings in Toronto have been demolished such as the Bata building at Eglinton/DVP or Don Mills houses replaced with faux Georgian (or whatever time period) mini-chateaus. :eek:

Back