Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

What the...? Really? With their awesome floorplans and dirt-cheap prices? That's impressive, consider the economic times we're in...

Hey TOBoy. If You are gonna do sarcasm... Step aside. I practically wrote the rule book LOL!
I'm kinda blown away by that little info tidbit myself.
The floorplans are by far and away, truly the poorest I can ever recall seeing. This layouts make Market Wharf units look expansive and luxurious.

Oh well.
Never underestimate the power of expensive marketing.
Still love the exterior of this building though. Perhaps there-in lies the secret to capturing the condo purchasing suckers in the late 'oh oh's' in Toronto.:rolleyes:

It's tridel that's all that matters.

Half century ago many people were living in family homes of 800 to 1,000 square feet (the difference being that they were not priced equal to 300 Front St.).
And families were a lot larger too. Most who consider dumping $700k on a house belong to a demographic group that has amongst the lowest total fertility rates. It probably approaches well under 1.0.

New suburb communities are being built even though the British stock are shrinking greatly, and the more fecund immigrant population cannot access that market. Requiring a 3500 sq ft for a three-person family is quite excessive.

November 4 2008 update

300's @ 0 still ~ :D

IMG_2469.jpg

which didn't really change from this previous shot from August 8 2008:

IMG_0415.jpg

yup indeed UD ~ however I was out ... a l l ... a l o n e ... with no company ... (I will now go sit in the corner and feel bad)

its alright though hehe :)

Actually, since that's a column, I think that link will be broken reasonably soon by the Globe, so I'll add the story to the forum, but in a Toronto Issue section thread.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the fact this is a tridel building, i would be 100% certain this thing isn't gonna get built.

But since it is, I'm 50/50

Back