Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I hate the actual towers, but Toronto really needed some art deco "Chrysler" roofs.

The Chrysler building has a pointed roof with a spire:
new-york-chrysler-building-new-york-city-ny022.jpg

RoCP has a sloped roof that looks nothing like the above. What's the resemblance, in your eyes?

The Chrysler building has a pointed roof with a spire:
new-york-chrysler-building-new-york-city-ny022.jpg

RoCP has a sloped roof that looks nothing like the above. What's the resemblance, in your eyes?

I think he's talking about the NY Towers, which looks like giant Lego versions of the Chrysler building.

I just re-read it. I disown my earlier post which I will leave here as a memorial to a misunderstanding.

North York can have as many "Chrysler" roofs as they want, and RoCP would have been in better company up there, with its partners in bleh.

Crane on North tower comes down

October 30th

October 31st

Last edited:
I think I saw the crane-truck that took down the crane drive by my work on Yonge St. on Thursday or Friday. I've seen some big cranes but this really took the cake. Absolutely massive.

Nov. 3rd

Glass being installed in retail area behind the hoarding

Balcony glass looking mighty fine

Wow these buildings are beautiful. I love the glass balconies, the lines. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I walked by yesterday at about 1pm, and I saw about a dozen police cars, an ambulance, lots of spectators, a smashed police car halfway inside the burano scaffolding, and another smashed car against the murano scaffolding.

Anybody know what happened?

Back