News   Apr 25, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a decorative brick yard (at least the more southern part on Yonge).

I'm sure the masses of people who have way too much money than they should, would do something about it. They don't want to look at a parking lot while they are shopping now do they? They just want more places to shop.

a fancy looking Emporio Armani / Burberry flagship store as an interim use of this site?

now now I'll behave and not start rumours :D

Anyways.. the city would never allow a parking lot at this site.

Maybe not in the long-term but something to tie it over if this project doesn't get started considering the city let TAS Designbuild pave over the former Joker site where the proposed hotel on Richmond St W will be.

I'd rather have them at least build the underground parking and retail if nothing else gets done. It would also allow the concrete to cure longer and become stronger with time similar to what happened to 8 Park Road across the street (behind Hudson's Bay Centre).

Maybe not in the long-term but something to tie it over if this project doesn't get started considering the city let TAS Designbuild pave over the former Joker site where the proposed hotel on Richmond St W will be.

I'd rather have them at least build the underground parking and retail if nothing else gets done. It would also allow the concrete to cure longer and become stronger with time similar to what happened to 8 Park Road across the street (behind Hudson's Bay Centre).

I don't even see it as a short term thing. Bazis has already filed the paperwork to begin shoring and city has already given approval to this phase of the project. Why create delay that benefits no one in long term?.....

If Bazis is having financial trouble, they're sure not showing it. They have full page ads in the latest condo mag, including Exhibit residences on Bloor. They certainly don't have to push Exhibit ($500,000 & up) if they're on shaky ground, the property is full rented and they could sit on it. At 1BE, Eastern Soil is currently deep drilling all over the site. The main reason I can think of for this is the insurance company asked for it so they can provide the appropriate insurance before excavation starts.

I predict another 10 pages of baseless rumours, speculation and discussions about parking lots. ;)

Very very good news indeed.

It's funny though ... if it's true it kinda validates many of the rumors that financing was lost at one point in time.

Thanks for the posting, digitalis...A couple of positives from it, that both 1BE and Trump Int'l are safe...With that much turbulence in the markets, this is the end of the condo, office building boom as we know it...

Very very good news indeed.

It's funny though ... if it's true it kinda validates many of the rumors that financing was lost at one point in time.

Thank you. Vindication is sweet. Looks like I was bang-on about the Lehman connection. Not shocked that other financing was obtained! Must have been just recently (i.e. since Lehman went down three weeks ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back