Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Just want to make a note that the reason they are they're going with Blue and White renderings to try and subvertly communicate and wash into peoples minds this is a Conservative government infrastructure piece. Nothing more, nothing less. It's all about subtle communication with this government to entrench their grip on power on the electorate, and it's been working.

Some may say it matches the colors that the Ontario Line will operate under, and to that I say look at Line 5 and Line 6.
Still hoping that they will add orange to line 5 trains. Line 6 has the line colour grey and there is already a stripe of grey on those trains, although this is likely unintentional.

Some work at Exhibition GO stn is being tendered:

1678909905956.png

At least they could have shown Ontario line in one colour on that map. A passenger doesn't care what portion of the line is underground and what portion is elevated.

Science Centre station seems even north of Downsview station on Line 1 in that map. Of course, Line 1 extension built half a decade ago is missing.

At least they could have shown Ontario line in one colour on that map. A passenger doesn't care what portion of the line is underground and what portion is elevated.

Science Centre station seems even north of Downsview station on Line 1 in that map. Of course, Line 1 extension built half a decade ago is missing.
I don't think the train manufacturer cared or knew when they designed these mock-ups, they just worked with what they had. I'm sure the final version will be a single colour. Ugh I hope.

The crosstown trains were first rendered with a green livery. Anything can change.

What's not subtle? After the 2003 Ontario provincial election, the Ontario website's (gov.on.ca) colour theme was changed from blue to red in short time; with no layout changes.
now you know why the CT trains are grey... no political affiliations. Red= libs, blue= cons, green=green, orange= ndp.

It was pretty obvious when they made those awful license plates.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I liked the effort to change the license plates, if not the execution. I liked the white characters on blue background, and I liked the Trillium logo instead of the Crown. Like, can you believe in the 21st Century, Ontario still has a crown on our license plate? Like, really?

I was just in Florida and they have their classic plates with the oranges, and at least those are more colourful than anything we have. And in addition, they can choose to have their county name instead of "Sunshine State" written on the plates. And their various special plates look substantially different from the standard plate, not just a tiny graphic like our special plates.

It pains me how boring our plates are, and how little they've changed since I was a kid.

If they want to keep the blue on white, fine, but at least update them to have the Trillium instead of the Crown.

Sorry, this rant should probably be in another thread.

.... the blue plates were quite boring too when you see the other plates 3m has done ... although none of the other 3m plates had the issues Ontario had.

I liked the white characters on blue background, and I liked the Trillium logo instead of the Crown. Like, can you believe in the 21st Century, Ontario still has a crown on our license plate? Like, really?
I'm not really sure what you mean by it being the 21st century and us having a crown on our license plates. Canada is a constitutional monarchy still and probably isn't going to change because of the way our constitution is worded to make a major change like that, it requires unanimous consent of all 10 provinces and also unanimous consent from both the house of commons and the Senate in Ottawa, plus before that would even take place there would have to be years of planning be done to figure out how to change the structure of the government on all levels.

Also of note people seem to forget that Blue and White are also the official colours of the city of Toronto that were given to us by Queen Victoria when Toronto was formed as a city.

I'm not really sure what you mean by it being the 21st century and us having a crown on our license plates. Canada is a constitutional monarchy still and probably isn't going to change because of the way our constitution is worded to make a major change like that, it requires unanimous consent of all 10 provinces and also unanimous consent from both the house of commons and the Senate in Ottawa, plus before that would even take place there would have to be years of planning be done to figure out how to change the structure of the government on all levels.

Also of note people seem to forget that Blue and White are also the official colours of the city of Toronto that were given to us by Queen Victoria when Toronto was formed as a city.
Even if technically true, I 100% support removing colonial/monarchical symbols wherever we can. What kind of a self respecting country pledges symbolic allegiance to a long-dead empire and a magic old guy in a castle in ANOTHER country? It's bootlicking, paternalistic, and it's frankly embarrassing. Canada should be a republic, and if we can't due to constitutional technicality then at least we should look like one.

Back