Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Does anyone have an idea if there’s been any movement at all on the tenant front here, or are we most likely to see this vacant for the next X amount of years

Maybe I'm wrong, but that hoarding seems to have been there at least 5 years if not longer.
Yes, it's been there for ages but they WERE working behind it to start preparing for a restaurant. Whether they stopped work at covid or before is not clear to me but they clearly want to rent the space out and really can't fit t out until they do so.

Yes, it's been there for ages but they WERE working behind it to start preparing for a restaurant. Whether they stopped work at covid or before is not clear to me but they clearly want to rent the space out and really can't fit t out until they do so.

Okay, well at least I have an explanation now. Thanks DSC.

Reactions: DSC
The lighting in the Great Hall is awful, it needs to be changed to how it is on the exterior of the station, with lights illuminating specific sections of architecture. And no more yellow light!!
5D49D208-4F02-4A84-ADD4-561D17FCC838.png

Something what Chicago Union Station has is what we should aspire for:
B740D3C9-CD3B-47FD-8DBA-43E6AE823D5D.jpeg

Last edited:
The lighting in the Great Hall is awful, it needs to be changed to how it is on the exterior of the station, with lights illuminating specific sections of architecture. And no more yellow light!!
View attachment 460521
Something like Chicago Union Station is what we should get:View attachment 460523
Even the City knows the Great Hall lighting is terrible. They actually posted a tender call for it about 5 years ago but, as they were not ready (or had no $$), it was cancelled. The heritage architects for Union Station ( http://evoqarchitecture.com/en/people/dima-cook/ ) remain involved. Last time I asked the City's Manager of Union Station, it was planned for 'late 2023' - whether that happens is probably doubtful!

The hoarding is there because they started to fix up the area behind it (for a restaurant) before covid and are, I assume, now looking for a new tenant. I would complain more that they STILL need to finish fixing the floor, rebuild the information desk and replace the ghastly lighting. THOSE are things not dependent on an (unknown) tenant.

And it would be nice if VIA could replace their sign.

Sorry for my ignorance as I haven't visited union station since maybe sometime in my 20s and I'm currently 36....

The Cinnabon that was pretty much infront of the entrance heading towards the ACC is gone ? Is that whole area revitalised? I remember that's where the go train ticket booths were, or atleast some of them....

Back