News   Apr 19, 2024
 93     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 461     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 796     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I was recently at Eglinton station and while looking around at the really poor state of the station, mezzanine, bus platforms and Subway platforms and i couldnt help but wonder what a depressing contrast it will be… does anyone know if there are plans to modernize it when the redevelopment of Canada square is happening?

I was recently at Eglinton station and while looking around at the really poor state of the station, mezzanine, bus platforms and Subway platforms and i couldnt help but wonder what a depressing contrast it will be… does anyone know if there are plans to modernize it when the redevelopment of Canada square is happening?
It would be in the interests of the developer to rebuild the concourse to fit the new development than try doing patch work. Having a higher ceiling would be nice to see as well skylights. The Plan

As for the platform, that's a TTC expanse and they should try to get the developers to kick in some money to upgrade it. Maybe time to look at a 2nd platform as well

The bus bays will be history with the 97 staying on Yonge. It will be the end of the old streetcar carhouse and the boiler house.

The bus bays will be history with the 97 staying on Yonge. It will be the end of the old streetcar carhouse and the boiler house.
where will routes like 13 Avenue and the Mount Pleasant north and south buses terminate? the 2022 service plan had all of them serving Eglinton. I assume the 34s will just keep moving through like the 97s.

where will routes like 13 Avenue and the Mount Pleasant north and south buses terminate? the 2022 service plan had all of them serving Eglinton. I assume the 34s will just keep moving through like the 97s.
Avenue Rd would be a north-south or loop at Avenue Rd and Eglinton. Mount Pleasant would use St Clair/Yonge Station. 34 would disappear or be like 97

Avenue Rd would be a north-south or loop at Avenue Rd and Eglinton. Mount Pleasant would use St Clair/Yonge Station. 34 would disappear or be like 97
I mean, that might be what you think should happen but it isn’t what the service plan says. Note the bus terminal symbol at station, which I didn’t notice last night when typing my previous post
9D614630-B5ED-4EFC-ABE4-D41FEDF8956B.jpeg

Did any of you see this: http://thecrosstown.ca/sites/default/files/eglinton_-_mt_pleasant_clc_-_january_11_2023.pdf

An update from Metrolinx on Eglinton to Mount Pleasant. 1 snapshot of the Eglinton Platform. Working Mon - Fri 24/7 on Station box with Spring 2023 Targets. Plus some info on the Yonge platform extension.

View attachment 450907

The dates and durations are meaningless. They are not completion dates. If you look at previous presentations, all they tell you is that construction will continue until the date of the next CLC meeting. November's says "underway through December 2022", September's says "underway through fall 2022", July's says "underway through summer 2022" etc. etc.

From the inside of Eglinton station, it looks like they just need to do the lipstick and make up stuff inside the station. It looks like how the science centre looked when we first started seeing photos like a yr ago

Back