Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

The weekly GO trip amount post GO Expansion is actually 10,500 now, hopefully the Union Station expansion plans account for thousands of additional weekly trips they added.
I wonder how much of those passengers the Ontario Line, East Harbour Station, and Liberty Village Station could absorb from Union Station. It’s not uncommon for some people to back track currently from Union since their destination is somewhere else. This is really common for LSE passengers who want to go to the Distillery, for example. They don’t actually need to go to Union.

The Telus Ramp replacement is almost complete:
67E40398-9FBA-450E-9F87-DA056F1C37C8.jpeg
55237762-70A5-41C6-AAF1-D4AAE35496BA.jpeg

I wonder how much of those passengers the Ontario Line, East Harbour Station, and Liberty Village Station could absorb from Union Station. It’s not uncommon for some people to back track currently from Union since their destination is somewhere else. This is really common for LSE passengers who want to go to the Distillery, for example. They don’t actually need to go to Union.
A good chunk of passengers should be taken off Union. There would be a lot of people with their final destination on Queen in or near Financial District. It would involve less walking for them if they change to Ontario Line at Exhibition or East Harbour instead of changing to Line 1 at Union.

Also, egress from GO trains at Union will always be slower than any other station even after expansion of the platforms. We aren't changing the number of doors on the trains. 2 doors per double decker car will still be a limiting factor. Depending on where you are sitting in the train, it would take you a few minutes just to exit the train at Union.

If fare integration takes place and people aren't paying anything extra to change to TTC, we can also see a shift of people walking from Union to their offices on King (let's say University and King) switch to Ontario Line.

The South Concourse was recently redesigned, the models and VR experience they created was only completed last week, and this is the first public showing of the new layout. The videos that I got someone to record were accidentally in time lapse, so they will need to be slowed down.

I will post the video later today but the model they showed is extremely detailed, it’s the one they’re using for the construction of the concourse so it’s not just for these consultation tables. All utilities, foundations, and staff only zones could be seen in the model.

Last edited:
Thread of videos here, I do apologise for them being time lapses but it was already too late before the mistake was realised:

I did not notice any escalators serving those new wider platforms. Hmmm. I would view that a mistake. Mx/GO has an ongoing allergy to escalators, but they do significantly increase capacity and passenger flow rates.

I did not notice any escalators serving those new wider platforms. Hmmm. I would view that a mistake. Mx/GO has an ongoing allergy to escalators, but they do significantly increase capacity and passenger flow rates.
MX hasnt built any escalators in either concourse, just stairs and elevators. highly doubt they would change their tune. platform 24/25 was a special case

Back