Toronto Toronto House | 186.53m | 58s | Westbank | Hariri Pontarini

Similar to the post I made this morning in the 160 Front thread, this is a Far Away and close-up Combo.

First, from Bedford and Bloor, looking over Varsity Stadium, on December 5th, 2022:

DSC00384.JPG

Now a paired show with 160 Front, taken from within Varsity Stadium:

DSC00385.JPG

Now a single one from up close(ish), the sun having left for the day, but a bit of twilight remaining, taken from John and Richmond:

DSC00424.JPG

Funny that 19 Duncan looks just about as tall as 160 Front, not only from Varsity Stadium, but even closer, say around Grange Park. Of course, their current heights are probably not that far apart, maybe 180m (19 Duncan) and 210m (160 Front, the crown will add another 30m or so) and, more importantly, 160 Front is located 3 blocks south of 19 Duncan, so it will always appear smaller when viewed from points north.

Funny that 19 Duncan looks just about as tall as 160 Front, not only from Varsity Stadium, but even closer, say around Grange Park. Of course, their current heights are probably not that far apart, maybe 180m (19 Duncan) and 210m (160 Front, the crown will add another 30m or so) and, more importantly, 160 Front is located 3 blocks south of 19 Duncan, so it will always appear smaller when viewed from points north.

160 Front also seems shorter cause it's thiccccc. I was surprised to see it's taller than Ïce Condos.

Canada Life's new logo is ridiculous. It looks like a brand of crackers you'd find at Loblaws. It really undermines the Beaux-Arts elegance of their building.

Ha, just posted about this but got my answer. I never understand how dumb crap like this gets passed through board meetings. I mean I can see the odd person coming up with bad ideas, but to make it through a board meeting where everyone else has to think it's a good idea blows me away.

Last edited:
It looks like Theatre Park's having some construction work done on its balconies. I wonder what's going on. The building's still pretty new.

Back