Innisfil Orbit | ?m | 40s | Cortel Group | Arcadis

The site plan seems quite regularized now too:
1667916523783.png

Interestingly, the master plan doesn't show being built out to 2091(!!). Even by 2051, they only expect to build out the high-density areas immediately around the GO station:

1667916593722.png

The site plan seems quite regularized now too:
View attachment 437820

Interestingly, the master plan doesn't show being built out to 2091(!!). Even by 2051, they only expect to build out the high-density areas immediately around the GO station:

View attachment 437821

Ha, w/the missing bit of the circle it reminds me of a cross-section of the perpetually incomplete Death Star from the SW franchise.

The transit network won't really matter in our lifetimes with the buildout timeline they are apparently planning.

The transit network won't really matter in our lifetimes with the buildout timeline they are apparently planning.

Pfft, you still get carded when you go to the LCBO; if you keep aging at that rate, you'll be around when Orbit is 200,000 people!

I mean this a neo-version of what medieval cities have been doing for sometime now, without the motes...

I'd prefer that the circular motif was less of a gimmick, and this was more car-lite with a ringroad.

I have removed PARTISANS from the database file (so, automatically dropped from the thread title). Three planning firms have been added to the team list: HATCH, Sajecki Planning, and WestonWilliamson+Partners.

As the Barrie GO line operates today, it would be around an hour and 25 minutes.. But Metrolinx is electrifying and will likely introduce express trips. the GO Expansion Business case mentions a travel time of 53 minutes from Barrie South station to Union, so I assume longer term it would be closer to 45 minutes.

As the Barrie GO line operates today, it would be around an hour and 25 minutes.. But Metrolinx is electrifying and will likely introduce express trips. the GO Expansion Business case mentions a travel time of 53 minutes from Barrie South station to Union, so I assume longer term it would be closer to 45 minutes.
Approximately 45 mins is excellent, and really makes the idea of living in Innisfil (and at the Orbit) and commuting to Toronto sound very reasonable. For context, the all-stop LSW train from Oakville to Union is about 45 mins today.

53 minutes to Union from Barrie South off-peak but 73 minutes at the AM peak. What's the deal with that?
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 12.26.53 AM.png

7 minutes from Spadina Front to Union just goes to show how much we need to do to address the mess that is the rail corridor at Union so trains don't need to crawl into Union.

Back