Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Do we know when the port credit pushbox is gonna happen ?
NO

Work was to started up again in Oct and saw very little work for the track area. Push can't take place until the track bridge is in place and that has to happen yet. This requires some weekend closure with one line being open for VIA.

With the QEW out of the way, expect to see more action for Port Credit this month and some of that depends on Canpa Sub work.

Video shows track bridge being installed.

I did receive at work a construction advisory note from Metrolinx sent by our facility manager that this work was to take place between November and February so I guess it will happen sometime in February or March.

Here are some photos. It was only one of three sites I could photograph this weekend.
DJI_0226.JPG
DJI_0223.JPG
DJI_0224.JPG

I did receive at work a construction advisory note from Metrolinx sent by our facility manager that this work was to take place between November and February so I guess it will happen sometime in February or March.

Here are some photos. It was only one of three sites I could photograph this weekend.
View attachment 437567View attachment 437568View attachment 437569
Looking at your shots, it looks like the track bridge is shorter than the box. The steel beams that were on top of the box are now under the corridor and can be seen on the south side in the photos.

The retaining wall for the LRT is pour as part of phase one.

Once the track bridge in place, excavation will get underway from the north side to dig the box area out so the box can be move into position in 2023. Once in place, the rest of the retaining wall will be built between the box and where the wall retaining wall currently is now.

I am assuming the pedestrian box for the new sidewalk will be done after the box and station is in place in 2023 as well the retaining wall for the Mary Fix Creek.

If these shots are from Sunday, track 3 could be out of service today to finish the track bridge work..

The pushbox and the eventual LRT station
Ahh - I just assumed that the station was going to be north of the tracks. Are the plans anywhere, I don't see anything on the MetrolinxEngage site ... perhaps there's another site?

Ahh - I just assumed that the station was going to be north of the tracks. Are the plans anywhere, I don't see anything on the MetrolinxEngage site ... perhaps there's another site?
Where the Box is, that is part of the station and it goes back to where it jogs.

Station has always been plan for the south side to allow future extension to the south that will most likely never happen based on the current Lakeshore Transportation plan. Would require an T connection and where do you place station with this T connection? Current plans only see an LRT on the Lakeshore from Long Branch to Mississauga Rd that will have to be underground east of Hurontario to Mississauga Rd due lack of road capacity. Even the plan BRT is going to have major issues where the LRT is to be underground.

I have yet to see any real design drawings for the station, other than the renderings that have been floating around since day one.

Nov 11
No photos due to rain

Top Flight to Derry centre section being dug out for the guideway.

Derry to Courtneypark centre section has the curb in for the guideway and the base by the looks of things

Courtneypark to just north of World Dr centre section being dug out

Have no timetable, I expect to see intersection close in the coming months between Derry and Courtneypark to be close off to traffic to allow the building of the tracks across them one after another. Derry and Courtneypark will see haft of it close to allow tracks across the intersection like what taking place at Matheson today.

No idea what taking place at the 401 area as I went westbound on the 401

By June, there should be a lot of workers working on installing the rails and the OS so the section from Top Flight to Matheson is almost complete by year end to start testing the first car due the fall of 2023. That car will spend sometime at the OMS for on hand training, inspection and yard testing before hitting the street test area.

Time lapse video included:

It was almost dark when I hit this area as my last stop for the LRT and saw the concrete being pour. Since I couldn't get a good, I assume it had to do with the base of the retaining wall for the creek and the photo shows it. They were still pouring sometime later after I check a few things out.

The earth has been been removed from the creek where it was place to allow shoring for the piers for the new Englewood bridge to take place. The west side for the new pier support has been dug out and ready to be form/pour for the base. East side still needs to be dug out.

The rail bridge for all 3 tracks is in place with a lot of material and ties sitting in the yard.

Got the last parking spot on the north side when I arrived, but over 2 dozen empty spot when I went back to the car. An westbound train was arriving while walking the tunnel.

QEW
There is still earth to be remove on the south side of the box and maybe gone by the weekend. They been grading the area as well the incline area for the eastbound ramp.

They have started to dig up the concrete base that the box was built on and surprise they were doing this. I thought the concrete would be a good base for the backfilling that has to happen to build the base for the new lanes. Both retaining walls and the top barrier walls have been form and looks like concrete has been pour for them.

Elevated section.
More forming taking place for other pier support to the west of the girders that are in place. The centre pier top for Rathburn is form and ready to have concrete pour for it. Once strip, the last 2 spans can have girders place on the piers and this will allow the first elevated section to be form and a top deck pour for it. This will allow rails to be place on this section as well.

More to follow

Nov 17
Time this line had a video

End up having a few spare hours and decided to take a video of the work to the north. Had to scrap the northbound video.

The curb is in place from Hillcrest to Eglinton on the east side now and expect to see traffic using the new lanes by Dec or when it is pave.

The centre section is fully dug up from Eglinton to south of Britannia Rd in various stages of construction for the guideway

Track in place for the southbound track for 2 blocks and hard to say if any concrete has been pour for them. Work taking place installing tracks for the northbound where the southbound one are.

The first haft of Matheson Intersection is ready for the first pour of concrete or will it be a one pour job this weekend.

Framing is taking place for Matheson platform on top of what has been pour up to date.

Earth being place over the guideway north of Ambassdor for a temporary sidewalk so the intersection can be close off to allow tracks to be place across it.

The centre section is mostly dug up to south of Top Flight

Traffic using the south side of Top Flight as it being dug up for the westbound road and the guideway.

The inbound track by the 407 Station is cover and no idea if concrete has been pour to anchor it down or protection to allow concrete to be pour in the next week or so. Concrete was being pour out of sight in the guideway area as there was no way of getting a shot from my location. Still no outbound track in place from where it ended around the bend to the 407 Station area

Full

Fast

That timelapse video is really cool.
My video this week for focussed on what is/WAS/maybe still(lol) coming to Square One and a walk around Cooksville GO. I boo-booed not knowing that the loop around the mall had been cancelled so I edited the description to reflect this. You live and learn..
Also was not aware how much work has been done on the elevated section north over the 403 so that's cool. Based on everything I've seen south of there, I did not think that much was going on.
I try to get videos out once per week so it's a challenge to get through everything by Friday afternoon.

Hope you enjoy the video!

Back