Niagara Falls Lot 175 Portage Road | 123.83m | 35s | Rudanco | Giannone Petricone

G.L.17

Member Bio
Reaction score
Two residential towers proposed along Portage Road at 35 & 25 storeys (115.8m & 83.7m) with 623 units, and a whopping 779 parking spaces (still below what the zoning allows).
Designed by Giannone Petricone for Rudanco Inc.
Portage Aerial Context.PNG

Lot 175 Portage.PNG

Portage rendering 2.PNG
Portage rendering 3.PNG
Portage rendering 4.PNG
Portage rendering 5.PNG
Portage stats.PNG

Two residential towers proposed along Portage Road at 35 & 25 storeys (115.8m & 83.7m) with 623 units, and a whopping 779 parking spaces (still below what the zoning allows).
Designed by Giannone Petricone for Rudanco Inc.
View attachment 433285
View attachment 433286

View attachment 433284View attachment 433281View attachment 433280View attachment 433283View attachment 433282

Fanciful.

Bad urban planning. The high parking is oddly logical when you realize, aside from parks, it's relatively in the middle of nowhere. Not much that's walkable.

Beautiful development unique looking podium that blends in with the parks area below overlooking the Niagara river. Close to Marineland, the Horseshoe Falls and Dufferin islands scenic walk below to boot lol!

Everyone I know in a condo or rental in Niagara Falls is in a low or mid rise. Aside from the cool views, I'm not sure why any local resident would live in a giant tower here versus one of the many low or mid rise projects going up on McLeod Road, which are really cleaning up a street that was in rough shape.

The lack of walkability in the area is a big elephant in the (planning) room. If this development is approved and successful, could other projects with retail be added to the neighbourhood?

Everyone I know in a condo or rental in Niagara Falls is in a low or mid rise. Aside from the cool views, I'm not sure why any local resident would live in a giant tower here versus one of the many low or mid rise projects going up on McLeod Road, which are really cleaning up a street that was in rough shape.
pretty sure the view is the main attraction in any tall building in any city in the world. in any case I'll believe this project is legit when it's actually built. I dont see the level of demand unless they are looking to capitalize on people bailing out of Toronto who still want the highrise lifestyle.

One would buy it for the view of the Falls and Toronto and possibly short term rentals but probably not for very being 500m from Washington Mills.

Take one look at the architecture firm involved. One can't realistically expect this tower to look anything like the renders.
On that point alone, you can firmly put this into the "Niagara Falls fantasy league" of local developments.

Love the design, but it will never be built like that. There is also a 0% chance this happens until Portage Road is reconstructed into something less horrifying for pedestrians.

Sooner or later, one of these many proposed developments in Niagara Falls is going to finally break the logjam.

Love the design, but it will never be built like that. There is also a 0% chance this happens until Portage Road is reconstructed into something less horrifying for pedestrians.

Sooner or later, one of these many proposed developments in Niagara Falls is going to finally break the logjam.
There does seem to be early signs of a "larger" condo market in Niagara Falls so far, but nothing approaching even this project, yet alone the 70+ storey proposals.

A 30 storey condo is in sales right now, after a successful sales campaign for a smaller, 8 storey first phase:

I'll chime in too - there are a few mid-rises along McLeod Road near Niagara Square that I have more faith coming to fruition in the not-too-distant future.

Back