News   Apr 18, 2024
 214     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 536     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.9K     0 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

Just wait until a republican controlled Congress attempts to pass a national ban on abortion, something this ruling explicitly opens the door to.
If given the Jan 6 hearings and the Supreme Court stripping the citizenry of its reproductive rights the American people through either voting or abstaining still allow the GOP to take the House in Nov 2022 and the Senate and Presidency in Nov 2024, well then they will have demonstrably made an informed choice on how they wish to be governed.

If given the Jan 6 hearings and the Supreme Court stripping the citizenry of its reproductive rights the American people through either voting or abstaining still allow the GOP to take the House in Nov 2022 and the Senate and Presidency in Nov 2024, well then they will have demonstrably made an informed choice on how they wish to be governed.
Welcome to America. Roe is whipping up a storm now but it will have died down by November and the midterms will be a rout. Biden will insist on running again sealing his parties fate and the US will fall to fascism in 2024. That's my prediction.

Welcome to America. Roe is whipping up a storm now but it will have died down by November and the midterms will be a rout. Biden will insist on running again sealing his parties fate and the US will fall to fascism in 2024. That's my prediction.
I agree with your prediction, but no, fascism is strictly antithetical. The more apt label of what’s coming is an Iran-like theocratic republic.

Their Supreme Court is increasingly coming off like a bunch of Iranian Ayatollahs who make random laws and then pull out some justification from the Koran after.
Agreed. And the path for Biden, Pelosi and Schumer is clear. First, present legislation to codify abortion/reproductive rights and marriage equality. Second, ditch the fillibuster so that the legislation will pass. Third, stack the Supreme Court with four new progressive judges, so that this legislation and gun control, epa and other issues can be supported. Have all this done by November’s midterms, so that Americans know what they’re voting for. Why these three old farts can’t see this and do this now is demonstrative of why younger, more activist blood is needed.

Agreed. And the path for Biden, Pelosi and Schumer is clear. First, present legislation to codify abortion/reproductive rights and marriage equality. Second, ditch the fillibuster so that the legislation will pass. Third, stack the Supreme Court with four new progressive judges, so that this legislation and gun control, epa and other issues can be supported. Have all this done by November’s midterms, so that Americans know what they’re voting for. Why these three old farts can’t see this and do this now is demonstrative of why younger, more activist blood is needed.

Except, Senator Manchin, and probably Sinema will likely oppose scrapping the filibuster, and in any event, Manchin has been clearly opposed to any abortion rights bill.

That leaves the Dems at 48/49 votes at best.

Unless they can lure the 'purple' Republicans like Collins over......I don't see them having the votes to pass much of anything. I'd be happy to be proven wrong on that.

I think there is something to be said for forcing moderates to lay down positions on reproductive rights that cost them. Make them vote. Susan Collins is uniquely responsible for Roe being overturned. She is old enough that re-election is probably not that important to her, but she should be made to wear this. Make her vote.

Thursday's EPA ruling may have an even bigger impact--both in America and across the world--than Roe v Wade. June 29th was a dark, dark day for America. And there are going to be even worse days in the near future with this Supreme Court. America as we once knew it is finished.

Biden may not be the worst president since James Buchanan or Andrew Johnson, but he’s certainly the most impotent since Buchanan.

Perhaps but it is a systemic thing.

The US is a Theocracy not a Democracy. Everything is decided by bible thumping white men who pack the courts to do their bidding.

As it stands now, the only difference between Iran and the US is the color of their skin. Both countries are run by religous fanatics.

Unfortunately, the US we loved and knew is gone. The days of Clinton, Reagan, Kennedy and FDR are not coming back.

The sad part is that the average American doesn't see it. The average american is stuck in the "guns are good", "God is life" and "we are the best in the world" mentality.

Americans won't change until China or Russia knocks them down a peg. They are alienating themselves from the rest of the world and they don't see it.

Last edited:
The US is a Theocracy not a Democracy. Everything is decided by bible thumping white men who pack the courts to do their bidding.
Only because everyone else through either voting GOP or abstaining allow it. Bible thumping white men and their followers are a minority of Americans, but they vote, and they vote single issue (abortion) and they don’t care who they’re voting for as long as it supports the single issue.

As for Biden, even if those who support him don’t want him to run again. It’s time to pass the torch. What happened to my generation, Gen X? We seem to be heading to a jump from boomers (people born from 1946 to 1964) to Gen Y.

Whoever it is, the Dems had better have their candidate and VP ready soon - and forget about Harris, she’s as popular a VP as Dan Quail.

As I said, the US has a systemic issue. No matter who is running the average US citizen is blinded by their ideology. Case and point, the former Tea Party Republicans.

The US will not vote in anyone good because anyone with half a brain would eliminate the Second Amendment, publicize health care and tighten gun laws. That is in conflict with every god given right the Americans think they have.

Keep in mind as well that the almighty dollars rules the day in the US. Most of the politicians are in the pockets of the NRA, lobby groups, etc and I challenge you to prove otherwise.

As I said, the US has a systemic issue. No matter who is running the average US citizen is blinded by their ideology.
I think your letting your evident disdain for Americans cloud your thinking. They’re not blind, sheeple. The US voting system by design hinders many from voting, and once even a slightly progressive candidate wins office they’re swept up by lobbyists. But no matter the barriers, Americans will be judged how and if they voted this November and in 2024. Their country is at stake.

I think your letting your evident disdain for Americans cloud your thinking. They’re not blind, sheeple. The US voting system by design hinders many from voting, and once even a slightly progressive candidate wins office they’re swept up by lobbyists. But no matter the barriers, Americans will be judged how and if they voted this November and in 2024. Their country is at stake.

I fully expect Trump to run again and get re-elected.

I've mentioned here in the past that the U.S. south-west (areas like California and Arizona, among others) are facing acute water shortages in the years ahead.

Well, we're there.

From this piece in the LA Times:

1658495901694.png

1658495931401.png

1658495957392.png

The kind of cuts in consumption that are about to be necessary will be hugely impactful on that area of the U.S. and that will have ramifications for Canada.

Agricultural production will be one of the most obvious cut backs with water-intensive crops and any crops in the areas where water is sparsest having to come out.

But it will also mean some relocation of water-intensive industries and may impact population levels in some areas due to both lifestyle impacts (no more lawns/fewer pools) but also
substantially more expensive water.

Back